PDA

View Full Version : Tires

SatchMax
01-08-2004, 19:51
Just put a new set or tires on my o2 CCDA dooley. I put 235-85-16 and it had 215-85-16. Will thes help or hurt my fuel milage. Do I need to go to the dealer and get it reflashed. Any help?

SatchMax
Lubbock, Texas

dakotakid
01-08-2004, 19:55
I put the same tires on after about 10,000 miles were on my truck, and didn't notice any big change in mileage. I bought the predator this past summer and used it to change my tire size, so I didn't go to the dealer for the adjustment...

Heartbeat Hauler
01-09-2004, 10:19
SatchMax,
Do you tow with that dually? If so, how much? I ask because if you do a search on this tire size, you will notice that under load the tires will rub each other creating extra heat and possible blowout. Some have run additional air pressure and didn't experience this problem. I too would like to run this size, but because of the different wheel offset, the 235/85s rub. Let me know how yours acts.
JP

SatchMax
01-09-2004, 14:44
Heartbeat Hauler
I do pull a fifth wheel and a 32ft flat bed with antique tractors. My tire guy said I need at least 60lbs of air to make sure they do not rub. There is about 1/2 to 3/4 of a inch between the two tires now. I will know around the first of the month when I hook onto my fifth wheel for a little trip. Will let you know then.

SatchMax

Bellrule
01-12-2004, 07:49
I put on a set of Cooper S\T 235\85R16 on about a 1000 miles ago. I've got a cab and chassis with a hydraulic hay bed on it that weighs about 2500 pounds. This morning I loaded two round bales of hay on it with each weighing about 1500 pounds. The first was centered over the axle and the second was hanging out back of the axle about 4 ft. The one set of duals had about a 1/4 inch clearance and the other set was together where the raised letters were meeting. The tires have the full 80 psi in them. All in all I think they will work for me. Hope this helps.