PDA

View Full Version : Needs pic or help on where to hook up the boost gauge.

DURAMONSTER
01-08-2004, 22:37
Ive searched and searched and cant find a good enough explanatoin on where people are talking about hooking up a Tee and doing it that way. It just looks confusing under the plastic cover.
However I got my EGT gauge hooked up thanks to the search on this sight. I used pics and stuff people said and it went well.
Again however I just cant seem to finger this spot to Tee in. I dont want drill and tap for boost. I want to do this Tee thingy. If it is accurate to do it that way.

Thanx.

DinoMax
01-09-2004, 05:47
DURAMONSTER, that is where mine is installed, and it is very accurate. try clicking this link for MDRAG's pic. page. It has good pic's, and is what I used when installing mine. http://community.webshots.com/album/59795693OfxLue/1
Good Luck, DinoMax :D :D

DURAMONSTER
01-09-2004, 16:43
Thanx.

sonofagun
01-09-2004, 20:18
DURA,

GMC-2002Dmax posted in march a setup like HOOT's but he used 1 - 1/2" NPT "T" 90 - brass
2 - 1/2" male threaded adaptors brass (barbed ends) these are similiar to air line ends.
1 - 1/2" to 1/4" brass adaptor - it's actually a reducer (for boost guage line).

I used his setup since it looked a little stouter. Both work fine. I tried find the thread but no joy.

Good luck,
Bob