PDA

View Full Version : A little known perk of owning a Duramax....

SoCalDieselNewbie
11-12-2002, 14:06
On my way home from work, I pull into a station to fuel up last night.

There is this cute well dressed little blonde, in her early 20s, just how I like them since I am a dirty old man in his early 30s, fueling up her f*rd p*werstr*ke.

I start fueling, motor running, and wash the front windshield.

So I am sitting back by the tank waiting for this slow pump to finish when I comment to the little blonde, "Geesh, this diesel pump is slow."

She comments something like "oh my gosh, that is a diesel? It is so quiet!"

We start talking about my truck, the power, the mileage, towing and etc...

It has been about 10 minutes since I finished pumping fuel now and she says "Oh I am sorry that I kept you so long, you are obviously on your way home from work."

I mention something about this being Southern California and traffic being a b*tch and that I was actually going to have dinner before heading home.

We had a nice dinner and talked some more... got a call from her this morning. She thanked me for dinner and asked what I was doing this weekend. smile.gif

well that is one of the hidden perks of owning a Duramax.

Acutally, I guess it is only a perk if you are single. If you are married, it might be considered a downside since it might get you in trouble. lol

stretch
11-12-2002, 14:33
Very Nice !!!! You Go Boy !!!! :D

SoCalDMAX
11-12-2002, 15:03
So ya think it was the truck that did it eh?.... ;)

I don't think she called the next day to find out what your truck was doing this weekend. :D

Have a nice weekend!....Steve

Reno DMAX
11-12-2002, 15:06
SoCalDieselDOGGIE, I mean Newbie,

Just when I thought it was dangerous to make eye contact in SoCal... I'm confused - I see Piaa 80 Pro XT "Pencil" beam in your mods but no 5" chrome tip??? Did you ask her if she had the transfer flow fast filler neck?

Must have been your engaging personality. :rolleyes:

[ 11-12-2002: Message edited by: Reno DMAX ]</p>

mackin
11-12-2002, 16:28
SoCalDieselNewbie

Dude sorry to be the spoiler ...She's after your truck .... :( She obviously has some heavy towing that needs to be done this weekend and you ,excuse me,your truck, is needed for the job..... ;)

MAC smile.gif

Paintdude
11-12-2002, 16:41
Please post pictures of P*werstr*ke and her phone number....... :D

Turbo Al
11-12-2002, 18:15
Wanted: Girl that hunts and fishes Please send picture of rifle and boat.

wangotango
11-12-2002, 19:20
yep

she's movin' soon and needs a truck and a fish

oops! did I say that out loud?

have fun

w/t

AKDmax
11-12-2002, 20:14
Be careful, very careful, the last guy that let his other half drive his truck now drives a minivan. Sure would hate to see another casualty, especially in a p*werstr*ke.

Alli-max
11-12-2002, 20:50
Hey Steve... Doesnt your wife drive a Powerstroke??? :eek: :eek:

MaxACL
11-12-2002, 21:41
See if she has a sister... preferably ugly.

SoCalDMAX
11-13-2002, 00:05
MAN!!!! WHAT A ROUGH CROWD!!! :D

Here's a guy so smooth, his diesel sounds like a gasser. Meets a honey at the gas station and gets her to go out to dinner with him THAT NIGHT. Despite the Chevy envy. She calls him the next day and makes plans for the weekend. Sounds like you guys are jealous.

I bet I know the truth. Either she's married (and that's hubby's truck), or SCDN had the fuel cap off the tether and ... she's in for a big surprise. ;)

Alli-max - are you referring to my wife?

on edit: Picturing this in my mind - here's a Chevy owner fueling up, leaning against his truck, talkin to a honey with a Ford. He gets a date with her and they drive off in the Chevy and leave the Ford parked... Closeup of her sitting really close in the cab and reaching *somewhere* below screen and whispering, "Like a rock..." Wouldn't this make the best commercial ever? I'm tellin ya, I oughta do them there Superbowl commercials! OK, time to sober up...

Good luck this weekend! Steve

[ 11-12-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDMAX ]</p>

DuckhunterInTN
11-13-2002, 00:22
So, what is a cute blonde in her early 20's doing drivig a PSD in the first place? Does she rodeo or something? I'm not saying that she shouldn't be driving one or anything, just not a typical female's prefered mode of transportation....

DMAXDiva
11-13-2002, 08:02
Duckhunter:

You're right...NOT your typical female's form of transportation. But then, why settle for a typical female? ;)

Of course, it goes without saying that I prefer the DMAX!

:D :D :D

SoCalDieselNewbie
11-13-2002, 13:09
Reno DMAX wrote - "I see Piaa 80 Pro XT "Pencil" beam in your mods but no 5" chrome tip???"

No chrome, silver or Gold gets near my tip. Brother, I am into GO not show.

SoCalDMAX wrote - "I bet I know the truth. Either she's married (and that's hubby's truck), or SCDN had the fuel cap off the tether and ... she's in for a big surprise."

First thing I looked for was a wedding ring... She wasn't wearing one. To bad, I like them married. :rolleyes:

BTW, I don't know what you do for a living... but that is a GREAT idea for a TV commercial and yes it would be viable.

DuckhunterInTN wrote - "So, what is a cute blonde in her early 20's doing drivig a PSD in the first place? Does she rodeo or something?"

You would be suprised at the # of women that drive trucks out here in SoCal.

In fact, the F*rd SRW CC are EXTREMELY popular with the younger crowd out here.

Despite what many believe, Southern California has TONS of horse property. You would be shocked at the number of horse trailers that you see around town.

SoCalDMAX wrote - "Have a nice weekend!"

I am sure I will... the ClackaCraft drift boat is washed and I am going to the Eastern Sierras to do a little fly fishing. :D

Silver Bullet
11-13-2002, 15:29
I have to switch stations...nothing like that ever happens to me! :D It is always the old guy with the beer belly hanging out from under his t-shirt coming up and askin' "how do you like that thang?".