PDA

View Full Version : straight piped 4in

tmg115
07-30-2002, 20:59
i am going to the muffler shop tomarow to see if they can straight pipe my banks. i wonder how good it will sound?

CSDMAX
07-30-2002, 21:46
tmg115,

Why do you want go and do that???? :rolleyes: You just put on the Banks? It must be the age. :D

DMAXDiva,
You had the straight pipe already and moved to the Banks. Wise move. Why don't you take a drive to Arlington and use that Ranch Hand front end of yours and ram tmg115 a few times on the side of his head until he see's clearly. :D Talk some sense into this kid!

DMAXDiva
07-31-2002, 09:19
CSDMAX:

Well, all I can say is that I probably would have done the very same thing 20 years ago...matter of fact, I had a header and dual glaspacks with echo tips put on a Ford 3/4 ton with the 300 straight-six about that many years ago...and to think I actually thought that sounded COOL...Yikes! :rolleyes: That thing sounded like a sewing machine on a bad acid trip!

Live and learn... ;)

[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]

[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: DMAXDiva ]</p>

mackin
07-31-2002, 15:03
tmg115 ,

Just unbolt the flange tie up the rest and it won't get any louder then that......That brings back some memories...... Unbolting header collectors, and trying to avoid the cops, which were our age now, back then....... :eek: How things change......

I was tempted to do this after I had the exhaust bolted on that far, then I figured I'd have to go for a ride, and then I looked how cruddy I was and the mess under the truck and quickly dismissed the idea......(GETTING OLD).......(HAVE A CLEAN SHINEY TRUCK)

MAC smile.gif

[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>