PDA

View Full Version : Edge Juice & California emissions...

SoCalDieselNewbie
07-30-2002, 23:51
So what is the latest word on the newer versions of the Edge Juice on trucks with california emissions?

I have been waiting for them the get some of the bugs worked out but I am jonesing for da juice!

SoCalDMAX
07-31-2002, 00:15
Runs fine on mine. I've got one night of racing and 7 days of driving on it. 2 days in Las Vegas 110* heat over the weekend. Behaved great, no undue temp increases. No SES codes, or unusual phenomena. No fishbiting.

Very light smoke (slight haze) on heavy acceleration in level 4 for a second until turbo spools up. I don't think there is any way to make this kind of power without just a touch of smoke. Really works great with propane. :D

My only complaint: setting the levels is rather hit or miss. I didn't have as much problem with it as others, but I can see how it can be frustrating. Overall, very happy with it.

Regards, Steve

SoCalDieselNewbie
07-31-2002, 09:01
SoCalDMAX,

What version is your box?

Also, were you in Vegas this weekend? I was over at Ceasar's Palace this weekend and drove the Dually.

It hit 114 on the drive, or better put crawl, home... cars breaking down left and right... My DMax never got over 200 with the AC cranked.

SoCalDMAX
07-31-2002, 10:55
SoCalDieselNewbie,

I've got ver 3.61c and it seems to work great.

So you were in Vegas over the weekend? Small world! You didn't lose too much, did you?

Yup it was hot, but like yours, the A/C and truck overall stayed cool and ran great. Coolant never went over 200* and tranny never went over 195*, according to the factory gauges at least. My wife complained she was too cold... I had the fan set on 1, so the best I could do for her was close her vents. ;)

Regards, Steve

SoCalDieselNewbie
07-31-2002, 12:23
SoCalDMAX,

Actually, the entire weekend, I think that I spent a total of 8 hours at the tables (craps & blackjack) and 6 hours of that was a single session on my birthday.

The reason that I am asking about the Juice is, because besides paying for the entire trip, Ceasar's Palace saw it appropriate to sponsor my truck by providing the money for da Juice, a Banks exhaust, guages and a BD Power Exhaust brake.

I guess when it rains... It pours...

SoCalDMAX
07-31-2002, 12:31
Congrats, that's great news! It's people like me who really donated the money! ;)

All of the mods sound great, got a question on the BD exhaust brake. Does it mount near the turbo or down under the truck? The reason I ask is one exh. brake mfr had an interesting article about the 2 types and gave a strong argument for mounting it a few feet away from the turbo for backpressure/heat reasons. It seemed to make a lot of sense.

Regards, Steve

SoCalDieselNewbie
07-31-2002, 12:51
SoCalDMAX,

The BD brake mounts after the downpipe, down under the truck, from the installation that I saw.

Speaking of dumb luck again... my father was up, happened to see the begining of that Two Guys Garage and actually taped the thing for me. The most amazing thing, he isn't a gearhead and had no business nor reason to even stop on the show. Go Figure?

CntrlCalDmax
07-31-2002, 13:35
I have a BD exhaust brake installed for several months now. It works great. Several pictures at:

http://www.corpair.com/dmax/dmax.htm

SoCalDMAX
07-31-2002, 14:01
Great pics, thanks!

Steve

Kennedy
07-31-2002, 16:08
The Juice is now available in 3.61Cali version. I just checked this with the Edge "Juicer" program after discussing with Brett.

The long and short of it is it is a somewhat less aggressive (rate of fuel addition) program to keep the EGR trucks from smoking when you "whack it" The peak numbers should be the same.