PDA

View Full Version : Banks Power!

Buck
07-31-2002, 11:21
I talked to John at Banks today! I had a few questions for him? The 4" monster exhaust adds 18hp and 30ftlbs. He also told me that in August they will be releasing their power plug! :D He wouldn't tell me the ratings or anything else about it though :( Has anyone learned anything else?

mackin
07-31-2002, 12:54
Power Plug?

I heard Exhaust Brake........ :confused:

We'll soon find out...

MAC :D

Just a quick note to let you know that Banks will be sending out the test
report on our newly released Banks exhaust brake system, to you. If you
have any interest in it or any other Banks product, like our Monster
exhaust, please give me a call or email me and I can help you with any
questions you may have. I look forward to working with you in the future.
Have a great day!
Sincerely,

Barry Torgerson
Power Consultant
Gale Banks Engineering
Ph (626) 969-9600 ex. 4128
Toll Free (800) 438-7693
Fx (626) 334-1743

Visit us on the web: www.bankspower.com
E-mail btorgerson@bankspower.com
546 Duggan Ave.
Azusa, CA. 91702

[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]

[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Kennedy
07-31-2002, 21:39
Buck,

Better be ready, 'cause I'm bringing the Juice this weekend! Just wish there was a Juice for my Polaris...

Silver Bullet
08-01-2002, 13:37
JK,
There is "juice" for your Polaris...you just have get with a performance kit (jet kit, air cleaner (K&N...I know!), and muffler). Check out highlifter.com. My 4x4 rancher screamed after I put the performance kit on...front wheels 12" off the ground in that granny first gear from a dead stop...6" off the ground in 2nd and maybe an inch off the ground in 3rd! This was with stock tires...it is not quite the same since I put 27" Blackwater XTs on it! See pics below. This machine will throw some mud! :D

ndamico
08-01-2002, 14:02
I talk to Jeff Arend @ banks failrly regularly. I just ordered my exhaust and gauges after fear of humming ISSPRO's. Their automind is due out at the end of august/beginning of Sept. They released their jake brake on monday at it seems pretty sweet. I just don't haul a heavy enough load to warrant it. Rest assured, once their automind is out I'll be all over. Then we'll see how bad i get beat by all you juiced guys. I mainly went with banks because they are the closest dealer to me. In my opinion this will make support easier. Plus all my Dodge buddies are quite happy with their powerpacks.

mackin
08-03-2002, 21:07
ndamico ,

HHMMMMMM I smell a challenge here......

MAC :D

Come EAST I'll show ya 4 ACES and one up my sleeve.......

BOOMERHD
08-04-2002, 06:04
I've been toasting a friend of mines dod** with a "powerpack" in it all summer. The "JUICE" has no competition!!! He will even attest to that. His spool-up time is looooooooooong.

Boomerhd :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BOOMERHD
08-04-2002, 06:07
Hey Mackin,

How 'bout the exhaust brake though? Would sound baddass comming down from warp speed!!!

I may only have Fri. avail for Cornwall, but may still go if enough others do.

Boomerhd :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kennedy
08-04-2002, 09:36
Steve,

Accel is suposed to be releasing their 2 stage foam filter for about 400+ new applications this fall. When I said Juice, I was meaning something for real, not 1.2HP. At present, my SP will wheelie over backwards in low provided it can find enough traction. That's with 27 Titan 589's.

I've done Banks kits before (Fords) and while the stuff works very well, it just isnt on the same performance level as some of the others out there.

Silver Bullet
08-04-2002, 20:23
JK,
Do you have any pics of that monster? What do think about a bottle-o-nitrous mounted on the front rack? :D

ndamico
08-05-2002, 11:19
Hey Makin'

You got a deal...I'll be in Rifle, CO this winter deer hunting...Maybe I'll have to go a little further and get my tail smoked by the big strip-painting dually...haha :eek: :eek:

I guess only time will tell..I might have to pick me up a juice box to carry me until the automind comes out...then i can sell my buddy whichever one i don't like :D