PDA

View Full Version : Research and Development

Iowan
08-01-2002, 00:18
2001 HD DMAX/Allison Ext cab - purchased new - service schedule maintained - 3K oil changes (mobil 1 delvac synthetic) - pulled a 5K trailer 1K in 24K miles - Truck went down hard in Florida (1400 miles from home)when injector pump broke - Truck went down hard 10 days ago for transmission problem - got the truck back today - customer care is poor & local dealerships are doing GM no favors. I feel like I should belong to GM's research and developmen division - very disappointed with customer care and two dealerships here in Iowa. Think GM is sending me a message.... dump the truck at your ealiest convenience.

Still worked up over this fiasco - primed to jump ship!

greg

IndigoDually
08-01-2002, 06:04
Stealers, (Ahem) Dealers are not always as willing to bend over backwards as we would like them to be.

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. My brother had his pump replaced on his '01 to cure the lopey idle, while the truck was in they told him that it would be a few more days before he could get his truck back. It seems that they determined that there was a noise in the front of the trans and they were going to put it a new one. He did not address a problem to them about this, they came up with this on their own (wow). He did have a little history though, his was one of the trucks that lost the torque converter bolts when it was new.

Sometimes you have to address your frustrations with the higher ups, either in the dealership (if this doesn't work) then with GM customer service. There are details on how to go about this in your owners manual. A little time putting the facts in writing can go a long way. Verbal complaints don't always get taken too seriously since they are easy to lodge. If the customer taken the time and effort to put him feelings and experiences in writing then they may be taken a little more seriously.

Good Luck, The squeaky wheel will get greased sooner or later, the right ears have to hear the squeaking first!

John

BOOMERHD
08-01-2002, 15:09
As for the injector pump thing. I have been waiting two months for a new injector pump. My dealer thought that he could get the pressure valve only, but after the rep came out twice he finally told them that he was going to replace the whole pump. I have a great relationship with my service manager, and have for 7 years. He will do anything for me when it comes to my vehicles. I should have everything in two weeks. I was solving the lopey idle problem, and have been able to use the vehicle since ownership. Wish you well!!!

Boomerhd :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D