PDA

View Full Version : 6-speed, duramax and short person?

windhorse
08-01-2002, 12:04
Anyone with a 6-speed duramax have any experience with a 5' 3" person driving the 6-speed? I am concerned that may put them too close to the air bag. Anyone?
Got to get the wife a new truck.
Michael

windhorse
08-01-2002, 16:56
Anyone???

DMAXDiva
08-01-2002, 17:27
Hi Windhorse:

While I can't offer you a personal perspective (I'm 5'10"), I can tell you that a salesman who originally showed me a 6spd (I went with the Allison after all, long story...)was only 5'1" or 5'2" and had no trouble whatsoever reaching the clutch pedal with the manual seat run all the way forward. I don't know about the travel on the electric seat, but he was able to comfortably use the clutch in the truck he showed me.

I hope that helps some...I will say that even though I originally had my heart set on the ZF6, I have not once regretted the decision to go with the Allison. Just a thought... ;)

Wally
08-01-2002, 20:08
My better half is 5'4". The ZF clutch operates almost on the floor and the only way she can drive the truck comfortably is with the seat all the way forward. However, I feel that she is WAY too close to the air bag to be safe if it ever deployed.

MaxRock
08-02-2002, 08:51
I can't help you with the height issue, but I can confirm the clutch on my truck does engage very close to the floor. Someone in the 5' range would have to sit very close to the steering wheel. The clutch itself is very easy to operate and requires minimal force to engage, that part would not be a problem. Something to consider!

MaxRock