PDA

View Full Version : Juice vs. BD EZamp

RustyRoss
08-01-2002, 14:23
I'm ready to buy. Anybody got an opinion about which is better? Any real difference? Who's got the best prices? E-mail me at rross@mimc.com if the info won't go through the Mod. :D

csimo
08-01-2002, 15:44
I talked to both companies before my purchase. BD claims that the EZ Amp has slightly different programming.

Edge makes both products and with the fast track the product has been on I doubt there's much or any difference between the two.

Nobody but Edge knows for sure.

Kennedy
08-02-2002, 08:11
Think about it. Like csimo mentioned, the programming has been revised how many times? I count 6 or so. IF there was different progamming, That would mean that it would have to have changed 12 times. :confused:

Whichever one you buy and from whom is up to you, just be sure that they are FAMILIAR with the product, and has the knowledge to back it up...

KompressorMan
08-04-2002, 03:11
John,
What have you done to your engine to get 820 LB/FT and 376 RWHP? Has it all been bolt on?
Herb

Kennedy
08-04-2002, 09:40
Herb,

That was a combination of mods that I just threw together for that event. Works very well, but the Allison will not hold it. Weve gone WELL past that since, but the Allison will have some catching up to do.

When you know you are making more power and the truck slows down, you KNOW it isn't happy...

mackin
08-04-2002, 10:15
Quote:When you know you are making more power and the truck slows down, you KNOW it isn't happy...

:eek:

KompressorMan
08-04-2002, 17:50
John,
In other words "you ain't tellin'?
Herb ;)

Kennedy
08-05-2002, 09:15
Herb,

I may be a hypocrate for saying this, but I don't recommend "stacking" modules except for race situations, and even then it is at your own risk. The current single boxes do well to extract plenty of SAFE power, and doubling this stress level, while it may prove to be OK, just hasn't been proven not to have any long term effects.

My stacking at that time was the TTS reflash, and the VA box which to me, still stands as a SWEET running setup although quite a dramatic defueling between shifts.

Desert Diesel
08-05-2002, 22:35
John,

I tried to call Steve today concerning your defueling between shifts but he is out of town.
I want to find out what was done to my TCM to eliminate that defueling since my truck no longer defuels between shifts even when stacked.

Under certain conditions I do however experience wheel hop on 2nd and 3rd gear shifts when stacked.
Does this happen to those of you that are Juiced?

Regards,

David

KompressorMan
08-06-2002, 20:48
John,
Stacking, thank goodness, I was afraid you'd adopted the leaf blower technology
Herb :D

SoCalDMAX
08-07-2002, 00:44
Whew, for a second, I thought Alli-max had talked him into using rain gutters... :D

Regards, Steve

Kennedy
08-07-2002, 10:05
Desert,

The defueling thing was the old tow program. The current race program basically is so far out ahead of the Allison that it will be some time before it catches up. Runs like the stacked combo or better, but the Allison simply cannot take it. There is no defueling between shifts.

At this time, the defueling between shifts appears to be a GOOD thing as evidenced by the v3.61 Edge being as fast or faster than pervious versions, even with a slightly less aggressive uptake...

[ 08-07-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>