PDA

View Full Version : Purging water from fuel filter

Jerry D
09-17-2004, 12:24
I work with a guy who claims that his '03 Dodge Cummins requires that he purge water from the filter EVERY WEEK. The first time he did it he says he drained a lot of water. Since then he claims that he's getting a little more water out of his filter every time. While he and I don't frequent the same fuel retailers I 've got to believe that he's buying fuel of average quality. How often are DMax owners out there having to purge water from the fuel filter??

DmaxMaverick
09-17-2004, 13:32
I've never had water in my Duramax fuel filter. With or without additives (demulsifier). I have the OEM and Mega filter and haven't had any water to speak of. I check mine about monthly, and also haven't noticed any when the filters are changed.

I would suspect your friend's fuel source is questionable if he is getting water that often. I have had small incidents of water in past Diesels, but it was rare.

If that's the case with all Dodge Diesels, I should get one. We've had less than .1" of rain in 6 months here. Mighty dry! I could irrigate with that much water.