PDA

View Full Version : Pulling with a Duramax

earniem
08-25-2003, 20:08
OK All you strange people out there I just got home from pulling a 30.5' Westport 5th wheel trailer. Wieght about 11000 to 11500#. I pulled about every BIG hill On I-5 down to Fresno Calif. then a 12% 8mile grade east on 168 into the Edison Lakes area. I had a Dodge with about a 19' boat take most of the hill to pass me. I ran between 50 mph & 60 mph up the hills and grossed out over 19000#. I almost exclusively used the tow/haul mode on the over 5000mile trip. The hill(12%) was so steep that I came down at 21 mph in low gear and needed to touch the brakes about 5 times. Most of the trip was in overdrive and the hill had to be about 4% TO MAKE IT SHIFT. THe very first thing I did on a hill south of Ellensgurg Wash. was smoke a powerstroke with a 27' 5th wheel. I could not have ask for a better ride and do not need anymore power to have an easy time staying with the traffic intown or on the FReeway. WHAT A TRUCK. THis is the one I have benn waiting for. I also have a 50 gal tank in a tool box and I put a trensfer pump in it and it pumps through a 10 micron filter. All my fuel ngoes into that tank and is pumped out to the OEM Tank. Has worked great and I get filtered fuel. This is the Cadilac of the trucks. I also got between 10 and 12MPG

hoot
08-26-2003, 08:37
Always good to hear these stories.