PDA

View Full Version : That thing got a HEMI??

Jorday
01-14-2004, 20:39
Please excuse this post for being non-tech related, but I wanted to share this experience with the rest of the D-Max crew.

I was leaving work monday and this guy in a sierra c3 saw my truck and he comes over and starts telling me that he really likes my truck. He said man, that thing's big. And I said, yah, she sits up a bit compared to a 1/2 ton chevy. Then he says, so, does that thing got a hemi? :cool: (I my truck was insulted. tongue.gif )

I was like, naw...

Lonewolf867
01-15-2004, 07:34
LMAO!!!
I do not see how you kept from laughing like all get out!
It amazes me how little folks know about the vehicles they own.

Mike

Amianthus
01-15-2004, 10:52
Originally posted by Lonewolf867:
It amazes me how little folks know about the vehicles they own.You aren't the only one, brother.

Flyboy
01-15-2004, 12:26
I haven't seen a head off of a Duramax. It may be hemispherical. Is that spelled right? tongue.gif

sdaver
01-15-2004, 12:39
What even more amazing is most salesman don't have a clue what they are selling either

Vette Racer
01-15-2004, 13:05
You know, those ads are kind of funny but if I was a Dodge fan and had to listen to the ads dissing/comparing my great, old, 426 Hemi, to a piece of crap 350 (hemi), I would just ****.

BadDog
01-15-2004, 13:24
Going a little further off topic, but I just bought my wife an '04 Grand Prix GTP with the Comp-G package. Part of that package is a marketing gimick called "tap shift". Basically some little paddle things on the wheel that you push/pull for manually shifting the auto. Anyway, the salesman started telling me how great that was, "It's like a half gear, in between the other regular gears. Makes these things MUCH faster when you use the tap-shift!" :rolleyes:

matt-max
01-15-2004, 13:59
how about a little further off topic....

new vehicle sales manager at a local dealership shared these nuggets with me monday:

i should expect 22-23 mpg out of a 2000 gmc denali in 2wd mode on the highway (gee, wonder why the epa says 16?)

said denali can tow a 25' ski boat so easy one would not want for more power

he had just received his first LLY dmax, it was yet to be prepped so i couldn't drive it. he had no idea what the differences in the engine were over the previous motor. i enlightened him.

after 12 years at this dealership (i didn't ask how long as new vehicle sales manager), he was not aware that the 6.5td made it into 2-door yukons and tahoes.

i hate it when i know the product more than the guy in charge of selling them.........but not as much as when he spews out BS.........

matt

mark45678
01-16-2004, 18:17
you know what I say to the guys that have "hemi's" ....... YA what ever! 12 mpg and no power to tow....what's the use? you should have got a v-10..... or a HD with a 8.1 atleast you would have real power!

bluenote
01-16-2004, 18:57
I've got an aquaintance (not really a good buddy) who has a 1500 Dodge with a Hemi. Every time I talk with him, he goes on about how powerful and fast his truck is, and how he can "blow away" my Duramax. :rolleyes: Funny thing is, when I suggested a little race, with the only stipulation that we put enough weight in his bed to make his truck weigh as much as mine, he doesn't seem too interested. :D I've also suggested we hook a few thousand pounds up behind 'em and have a little test, but that doesn't seem to interest him either! tongue.gif

DieselDixon
01-17-2004, 15:08
Originally posted by sdaver:
What even more amazing is most salesman don't have a clue what they are selling either I totally agree to this, I had to show my sales man most of the stuff on the truck. In fact he started pulling the power mirrors out to show me how they extended and I got in the truck and showed him where the switch was to retract them.

I finally said forget the show and tell and signed the paper and left.

JEBar
01-18-2004, 03:50
be thankful that many know more than the salemen ... would be terrible to have not know and have to depend on what they recommend!!

Jim