PDA

View Full Version : Which Power box is best?

Mark-
09-19-2004, 11:41
I'm trying to decide which power box to add to my 2004.5 LLY, if I decide to add one. Everyone seems to like the juice, but what about the others? Preditor? Hypertech? Banks? Bully Dog? Comments appreciated as these are expensive. And is an aftermarket intake recommended? Seems like they cause more harm than good to the intake sensor

rdanley
09-19-2004, 16:04
well mark i will put my 2cents in, i just installed my juice with attitude on my 04.5 lly and so far very happy with it what i like the most besides the power boost is the safety features the attitude has with the juice, also i am like you, i am a diehard dodge guy and i thought i made the wrong decision in purchasing the durmax but the more i drive it and learn the charatiscs of the drive train i am beginng to love it. friday was the first time that i put some serious wieght on the lly, 16k to be excact. i traveld 40 miles out of town on a pretty good strech of hilly road and i was able to maintain 70 to 75 all the way with no problems but that was juiced at #2 tow mode, i would not let the few that are around this site scare ya about injector problems, i had the same thing over at the TDR site about the injection pumps going bad on the 98 thru 01 dodges. just drive it like ya stole it and keep truckin. also got away from the subject i am on my second edge product and i can say in my opion they are the best.

mark45678
09-19-2004, 16:07
Hey mark! I have had 2 duramax trucks 1 lb7 and 1 lly , both have juice..... I think where JK is tuneing the VA box its going to be good, but juice with the monitor work nice and is about all a stock trans can handle

Mark-
09-20-2004, 05:44
VA Box? You lost me....

rdanley
09-20-2004, 18:27
mark VA = VAN AKIEN POWER BOX

Kennedy
09-21-2004, 04:42
The Van Aaken hasn't quite released yet, but should be soon. We had the beta at the track running mid 14's on the high setting. I believe he was down in the 14.6's...

Mile Hi Guy
09-21-2004, 15:33
Kennedy,

Was that on a LLY?

Did you ever get to the bottom of the high charge air temps on the new motor?

I am taking your advise and waiting a bit before doing anything to it to see how everything works out.

Thanks

Kennedy
09-22-2004, 07:00
The truck ran 14.67 at Byron this weekend. Totally stock LLY truck with 2500 miles on it.

Some seem to run hot, and others cool. Hard to say what is going on just yet...

The one thing I hear is that GM is recommending an additive (Stanadyne) be used on the LLY to combat possible injector nozzle sticking.

My suggestion is to run FPPF or Primrose, and of course, when questioned, tell them you were running Stanadyne...