PDA

View Full Version : Am I Toasting My Clutches

GM Smitty
08-25-2003, 21:17
Always running 90hp Juice. I really don't beat on her bad....no really....I honestly don't. ;) Yeah, I have the Hot version, but very rarely run it. Limped tranny twice(stacking 90hp OJ with 40hp Predator).
Could my clutches be in bad shape from running this kind of power? I always thought the Allison had no problems with 90HP. :confused:

Then Suncoast says:

If your factory transmission has been operated with power levels above OEM settings it is almost certain you will find friction deterioration on one or more clutch packs. If this is the case installation of Stage I or Stage II would not achieve the desired performance or durability level your truck deserves. If the replacement of clutch assembly's is required we recommend Stage III or IV to obtain desired levels of performance. Is this something one can't be sure of until the tranny is in pieces on the floor? :eek:

Josh

dmaxalliTech
08-25-2003, 21:26
so, when shall I schedule you in for the upgrade? limp is from slip is from HP is from Kennedy is from... well you get the idea.

a64pilot
08-26-2003, 06:02
1. Yes
2. Yes
If youv'e limped it youv'e been slipping it. Unless it's actually burned fluid or started slipping easily you can't know if it's been damaged without a teardown IMHO

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-26-2003, 10:25
We in CT that have stacked have found that the Predator causes a limp really easy when stacking with the Juice.

Without stacking my Truck holds the 90 HP fine and the 125hp HOT 95% of the time :D

I beleive that the Predator over rides the TCM-ECM defueling somewhat, and that is my opinion why it limps.

Can some one answer whether or not the Predator has defueling between shifts or no protection is built in to it???

GMC smile.gif

GM Smitty
08-26-2003, 15:10
GMC - I've noticed the exact same thing here in PA. ;)
Predator with Juice definitely brings on an easy limp. I can't get her to go limp on the Juice alone(90 or 125). I was also wondering if the Predator could be over riding the Juice slip/defuel programming? :confused:

Josh