PDA

View Full Version : Dealer and Program Update

Ranger354
09-20-2004, 12:12
Stopped by the stealer this morning to see if they had the latest updates for my lly duramax. After 45 min and much frustration on his part I left the same way I came in. The dealers computer wouldn't talk to his handheld programmer and after a long wait I told him that I would check back at the end of the week. It may have just been operator error. I will give it another chance next week.

Anyone else have this problem?

Lee_klm
09-25-2004, 17:45
Got my LLY updated with the new flash two weeks ago. I was with the mechanic (buddy of mine) while he did it, only took a few minutes. The new program cleared the cold rough idle issue. The truck idles smoother/quieter, and definetly gets better mileage (up to 19 consistantly from 17-18). I highly recommend that everyone with early LLY motors get the latest program flash!

Ranger354
10-08-2004, 14:21
Lee,

Ask your buddy what the codes were. I am still having problems with my Chevy dealer getting the right stuff on his computer.

Help!

Cliffee
10-23-2004, 17:51
Could some one get me the upflash update #? I'll be picking up my 05 this week and the invoice date is August so I'm sure it doesn't have this update. My Fleet sales buddy said he would get it done but nobody knows about it. If I can get him the # he has some ammo to bring to service.

Thanks in advance.

Ranger354
10-24-2004, 23:05
Clifee,

Going back in the morning to the dealer. they are supposed to have something to update/flash my system with. They too called Tech support which knew nothing about an upgrade. We shall see.

poolman12
10-25-2004, 16:39
Clifee - Ranger 354
took my lly in today & had service manager go to TDP on my way. When we got there he hooked up to my lly & then went to pc with hand held & upgraded flash & came back to lly & hooked up.
It worked & can tell difference. As far as they know no codes just what GMC adds to their pc daily. Mine the first they had done, thanks to TDP. I think I took a lot of words to say what JK said earlier. Hope this helps. Put 83K on 2002 D/A & loved truck juiced, towing & all.
poolman12@direcway.com

Ranger354
10-26-2004, 12:06
Same here. First duramax they had done, but there always has to be a first. I got mine done yesterday and she does sound much better. No more clattering. He showed me the fuel pressure was too high and causing it.