PDA

View Full Version : 2005 2500HD D/A with sunroof on the lot!!

Chris N5CWM
09-20-2004, 18:54
I'm going to check out a new 05 with the sunroof tomorrow. I'll bring the camera and take some pics. It's an extended cab Duramax Allison SLT shortbed 4x4. It has a few things I don't want, and a couple are missing that I do want (XM satellite radio). I think the extended cab looks better, more proportioned, than the crew cab, but I really could use the bigger back seat. We shall see.

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow night after I've driven it.

Kennedy
09-21-2004, 04:40
I'm told that the sunroof should be like the Sub, so we looked at the Sub roof. I'll be leaving the hole out of my roof...

Chris N5CWM
09-21-2004, 14:16
Couldn't drive it today since it hasn't been through PDI. Still has all the plastic on the seats, steering wheel, etc. Found some printed papers in the passenger door panel that detailed model changeover items for the assembly line workers during the build process. Reading those was kinda neat.

This particular truck is lacking a few options that I desire such as the towing package, XM radio, and camper mirrors. This appears to be a GM promotional optioned truck since there are a few identical to it going out to area dealers, one each.

Aluminator
09-28-2004, 18:23
I was told I couldn't get the roof window till the first quarter. My 05 came in today and I was told no window. Maybe I didn't miss anything.

Dennis

Kennedy
09-29-2004, 04:46
You won't miss the camper mirrors. I've been hearing a quite a few complaints about them, and have had a lot of guys upgrading to the TTT mirrors...

dmaxalliTech
09-29-2004, 08:11
when I speced my 05, I opted for the sunroof as well, was told first quarter 05.. wasnt gonna wait. Ended up keeping my 03 anyways.

As for camper mirrors, your not missing anything not having them on the truck, your best bet is to take whatever is on it, see what the dealer will give you for them or sell them outright, get some TTT's and you'll not be sorry, My 03 come with the power folders, I upgraded ( I thought) to the camper mirrors and relized what a POS they are.. Recently installed the TTT heated,lighted, blah blah from JK, Wont go back....
What good is a 'towing' mirror if you cant see anything out of it?

Chris N5CWM
09-29-2004, 18:29
You guys have changed my mind regarding the GM camper mirrors. I love the mirrors on my Ram. They're the big flip-up/out optional towing mirrors. I have absolutely no blind spot with them on either side.

Here are the pics that I promised a few days ago. Finally went back to the lot with my digital camera today and took these.

2005 GMC 2500HD with optional sunroof images (http://n5cwm.dynip.com/images/gmc2005/)

I was actually going to take it for a spin tonight but they were too busy! Imagine that. There were three salesmen out on test drives, and the rest were finalizing sales. The '0% APR for 72 months' must be getting folks' attention.
Probably going to try again tomorrow if I get a chance.
This particular truck does not have the 'heavy duty towing package', ie, no hitch or trailer wiring. I imagine that is easy to install, probably buy the harness in the parts dept and just plug N play right?
Also no XM which is no biggie. Just get one of the aftermarket units later on.
It does have the HomeLink (3 built-in remotes for garage doors, gates, etc) in the overhead console.
I think a set of H2 wheels would look great on this truck! :D

Chris N5CWM
09-29-2004, 18:39
Also, how can you tell if it's the uprated 610 Ft Lbs LLY or a 590? Anybody know when the changeover occurred approximately? Build date or VIN maybe? Or only by reading the ECM via the OBD?

Aluminator
09-30-2004, 05:02
John,

What am I missing out on by using the stock power extending GM mirror over the TTT.

Dennis

Chris N5CWM
09-30-2004, 19:21
Webmaster Jim Bigley did a product review on the TTT mirrors (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/TTTmirror.htm).
Check 'em out!