PDA

View Full Version : stacking boxes?

kevin21
09-21-2004, 08:16
I haven't been here in a while (truck is working fine and I love it).

I have the 125 juice and recently my friend totaled his dmax. He went with a Frd this time, I have no clue why.

Anyway, he is wanting to sell me the bully dog module he has, I think it is like 90 hp or 75? Anyway, we stacked it one way, I think juice 2nd, and it wouldn't run right. We did it the opposite way, juice first and it did fine.

Question is, do you think it is that much faster with 2 modules on it? I ran it and I'm not sure but I think it was. I took off from a stop light and was able to bark the tires when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd. Usually it won't do that with the juice.

Can the Ally handle 2 chips? I guess it can since I've done it but I'm sure it isn't good for it in the long run.

Also, does the truck/ computer need to learn the chips to become more effective/ learn the shifting etc...??

motovet
09-21-2004, 10:44
I doubt anyone here has dynoed that combo, but your gain is probably minimal. I had my JK/VA stacked with my Hot/Attitude to retain the monitor. Now the Juice is off to update for the no start issue, and I feel like I have GAINED performance with just the VA even though I would run the Juice on 0 (timing). It is hit and miss with stacks as both are doing the same thing. If it runs good then go with it, BUT you are probably playing with fire as far as the trans. goes.

Greg McCall
09-22-2004, 07:17
I have not had any look stacking boxes.
However The Juice Attitude on 0 seems to add power when stacked with my Quad 215.

I tried Quad on 110 and Attitude on 5 and the Truck slows down from Quad on 215 and Attitude on 0 or any Attitide level above.