PDA

View Full Version : Juice going bad?

tmg115
08-04-2002, 10:47
i am wondering if my juice is going bad? because it seems like i have slowed down a little but i am still blowing out black smoke when i am at a hard acceleration. so i do i know if it is going bad?

mackin
08-04-2002, 10:54
Tmg115,

Did the "THRILL" wear off???????

I doubt it wore out,or is weaking....... Weren't you going to change your fuel filter for some reason like a loss of power condition?
Unhook it for a while ,couple days,then put that baby back on,the thrill will be back.......

MAC :D

[ 08-04-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

BadDog
08-04-2002, 12:12
Based on what Kennedy said in another post, maybe the Allison is getting tired of all that power it's being fed?

RVGuy
08-04-2002, 15:16
Only one way to know for sure. Let's go to the strip and find out!!!!!

mackin
08-04-2002, 15:19
In addition try a fast learn on the tranny .....That Baddog bought to life on this subject......

MAC

tmg115
08-04-2002, 15:53
is the fast learn were i go 55 and pull her down from D to 1?

Billy14
08-04-2002, 16:01
tmg115, mackin, & others,

I was just about to make the same post. Had dealer change the fuel filter last week.

Noticed mine doesn't seem to have the same growl it used to. Won't break the tires loose where it used to in 2nd & even at half throttle, the smoke pours out the pipe. I mean like, where did that little car go that was behind me? Nope, he's still there but how many fingers is he holding up?

I also noticed when I pulled off the juice for the filter change it realllllllllly felt weak. I know how we can get used to a particular feel but I kinda wanted to open the door & paddle. Too far off the ground though & my foot wouldn't reach. :D

Don't know, it just doesn't feel the same. :( :(

Billy

[ 08-04-2002: Message edited by: Billy14 ]</p>

mackin
08-04-2002, 16:12
tmg115,

Yup let it coast to an all most complete stop ,due this 2/3 times then drive it like you stole it......Well just don't pussy foot around for a little while......

Billy ,

So it is weak Juice or no Juice...... No juice I completely understand ,when I had problems with my 3.6 and I drove it stock ...... Holy $hit batman it was a dog......If you are reffering to Juiced no pep try the tranny fast learn too......This would be my suggestion ....

MAC

ON EDIT: Oh keep the ores for the boat and your limbs in side unless your waving bye bye to the competition ,be kind and use the whole hand not one finger......

pullinpower
08-04-2002, 16:17
Im not juiced yet but in this 98deg heat we have been having,my truck poured black smoke out yesterday and im stock except for the K&N intake kit.And seems like I notice alot more turbo lag than normal when this happens.

Billy14
08-04-2002, 16:50
Mac,

I always wave with a full hand. Now days, you might be looking back at a single barrel. :eek: :eek:

pullinpower,

I hear you. I've noticed the lag also with the heat & humidity.

Question: What was all of this about a week or so ago when a lot of folks were posting how a DIESEL runs stronger when ambient air is HOT? Sure seemed strong to me back in February & I wasn't even juiced yet.

Billy

tmg115
08-04-2002, 17:08
ya the heat might have something to do with it. it has gotton realy hot here in texas and i don't think i will be breaking any records at the track with my truck here any time soon :D

i will try the fast learn tomarow.

mackin
08-04-2002, 17:39
Billy14,

Very true in today's society,don't look twice.......I seen that post too, and I'll tell you what my truck runs the best in crisp 50-60 degree temps.I can certainly feel the difference......So some like it hot some not, I guess......

MAC :D

tmg115
08-04-2002, 19:06
i am going on a trip to chicago thursday so i will do the reprograming tommarow.

Billy14
08-04-2002, 23:08
I hear ya Mac,

Being totally ignorant to diesels until my HD, I wasn't going to rock the boat. Hell, for all I knew or know, maybe they do runnout better with hotter intake air. But then, why are all of these folks tryin to induce cooler ram air? :confused: Hmmmmmmm, where's the gutter man when you need him?

Why do Hot Air Baloons rise? Because the hot air produced from the propane rings is lighter & less dense (density altitude compensation). Hot air can't be good for producing H.P. in an engine, but then, I don't know squat about diesels as I've said.

tmg115,

I've been playin around with the Juice this evening. Came up with this solution, at least on mine:
Set normal to level 2 or 3 - practically eliminates the smoke. Level 4 might be too much fuel for the hotter, less dense air. Actually seemed to run as strong as on level 4.
Set tow/haul to level 4 - with the higher rpm shift points the turbo is a spoolin. Very little smoke compared to normal & runs out strong. smile.gif

Just trial & error observations with nothing conclusive. No actual times to prove the point.

Billy