PDA

View Full Version : PRELIMANARY GM UPDATE FOR LLY

rdanley
09-22-2004, 10:45
i was having my filter changed on the alli at the chevy house and i got to talking with thier diesel mech, and come to find out their is a prelimanry info update for the lly : reprogramed eeprom with gms current calibration to modify balancing rate to elimate white smoke concerns and to modify fuel knock at mid rpm range and low rpm idle surge. gm is not calling it a tsb as of yet but prelimanry info update. anyway it did seem to help my throttle response, made it more snappy.

FlyRod
09-24-2004, 19:30
Did you notice any difference in the mid-range knock? Was there any dowside to the re-flash?

Big Angry
09-26-2004, 16:13
What was the cost if any? and no problems with the edge during/after the re-flash?

More Power
09-27-2004, 11:56
If you express a driveability complaint when visiting the dealer service department, the re-flash should be covered under warranty. It's been my experience that just asking for the current programming isn't sufficient justification for a covered service visit.

MP

Big Angry
09-28-2004, 16:34
ok, I am scheduled for next Monday (the 4th) so we shall see how it goes. Now, if they don't cover it, any rough idea on the cost? Also, Do I need to unhook my juice? Turn it to zero, or what? I am a little unsure about that part.
Thanks. :D

KenZ
09-29-2004, 13:46
I don't have the juice, but from what I have read others saying, you are better off taking it out. It seems to depend on the dealerships, but if they put it on file, it could be used against you in the future to deny warranty. I wouldn't even mention it or bring it up.

Ranger354
10-01-2004, 06:09
I was at the dealer this morning to get my lly flashed or whatever you guys are calling it. They got the info from the truck via the hand held device and took it back to the shop computer. When trying to get the two machines to talk to each other it wouldn't work. They told me there was no update for my truck since the machines wouldn't talk to each other.?????

This past Tuesday I talked with the dealer where I bought my truck and the Truck Service department guy said there was no update for the lly yet.

Is it because I live in South Texas and we get everything 2 years after everyone else?

I think they are still trying to sell us 2003 year model cars! lol

Whats up with that?

Mac1234
10-01-2004, 06:55
I called my dealer ahead of time and he didn't know about it either. I gave him the order number, (sorry, I don't have it right now), and he told me he would download it from GM and it would take about two hours for him to do.
Anyway, had it done and thetruck does idle smoother and a little better throttle response. I hope my mileage goes up. mac

Cornell
10-01-2004, 14:04
I had my LLY reflashed today, the fuel annoying rattle and low speed surge are gone. The truck is much more responsive. I would recommend it if have a chance. There was no charge. :eek: :D

Ranger354
10-02-2004, 18:53
Some one please help a guy out and give me the code or whatever the dealer needs to find the program. I know they ought to have it, but they don't.

Thanks, :D

Lee_klm
10-03-2004, 18:01
Here are the main codes...

15141668 = Operating system
15245557 = Service cal fixes
15245549 = Servcie cal fixes

Ranger354
10-05-2004, 12:43
Thanks I will talk to them this afternoon.

Ranger354
10-12-2004, 14:28
Talked with the chevy Service guy today. The codes mentioned above mean nothing to them. They called the GM Tech which told them there was no update for the lly. They then told me about something that should help the clatter and rattle. It is an update or something, but the GM Tech didn't know anything about it and it came from somewhere else.

Now I have to wait til the service dept. gets its programmer back so I can have it reflashed or whatever.

Glad these engines are built to last a while, cause nobody knows how to work on them. I am ready for another 350 or 454 without the computer crap!