PDA

View Full Version : TST Box

Swayse
05-26-2003, 07:16
Any of ya'll running the TST box? I'm putting one in for a Dmax guy, and it looks so cool. I'm waiting for them to release a box for my Dodge and I can't stand the wait, any day now. Now after looking at the box in person, with the remote and built in guages, I can't see why all of you guys don't want one. Is there something I don't know? I've done the search and I see a few guys running one, but not very many.

BTW, the Dmax guy was suppose to be here Saturday right after lunch for me to install it for him, the guy stood me up. Waited and waited but he never showed up or called. That's what I get for doing a favor for a friend of a friend. I'll call my friend when he gets back from his road trip and see what's up with his friend. Might even have to send this thing back, I wish it fit on my truck. Anybody in my area want to buy a TST box? I'll install it for free if you go to the strip and tell me what it runs.

Thanks guys,

Swayse

PS I already sold the Juice box in my sig, spacers are still forsale. I will now go update my sig.

[ 05-26-2003: Message edited by: Swayse ]</p>

schnier
05-26-2003, 08:01
My buddy at work just installed a TST box in his 2001 D***e Dually 5 speed. He really likes it because when you tow it will back down the program setting automatically so the EGT does not exceed 1300 degrees. He also added injectors and a turbo and now he can slip the clutch whenever he wants to. You guessed it, now he is installing a heavy duty clutch to handle all the extra power.

GMCTRUCK
05-26-2003, 11:03
I love my TST. It works very good with the 6 speed. They've recently made some improvements to their 140HP Powermax and they've already improved the newly released competition version that I have. They have units that you can use with a stock drivetrain and hotter versions for those with beefed up drivetrains. ATS's truck is running in the 12s with one of TST's boxes.

Kennedy
05-26-2003, 20:14
Any idea what updates were done to the 140? I haven't tried it on mine yet, but the truck I ran it on didn't come close to thw 125HP Hot Juice. In fairness, the truck was lame, and not putting up good numbers. The Comp unit (nop idea what they rate it at) did manage to beat the Hot Juice by 10 HP...

GMCTRUCK
05-26-2003, 20:40
JK, last time I talked to them they had upgraded the 140hp tune to be stronger and harder hitting than the original. There are also a couple different versions of what they are calling the competition version. Seems like they will almost custom tune for what you want. I don't know if they've got dyno #s for the comp. versions yet. Going by the date of the dyno event you guys attended the one you witnessed was most likely the original, milder competition version. The one I have been running and will probably stick with is already beyond the limits of my clutch and if I go with their newest, more extreme unit even the lowest levels will be too hot for towing.

TST Tech
05-27-2003, 07:32
Kennedy,
The 140 h.p. version was achieved on a 2002 6 spd Duramax. Sounds like you've got an earlier version where I left some delays in how fast the power comes in. They did feel doggy on the automatics. I would be happy to reflash the box that you have at no cost. Or if you'd like, we have a new version of our comp box that's running very strong also. I would only recommend that if you have an upgraded tranny. Have a great day , Greg
p.s. Any ideal if the coputer upgraded work on the Duramax engines in the bigger trucks?

Kennedy
05-27-2003, 08:08
Greg,

Please clarify the last question.

I'll send it in for upgrade to the 140HP general issue. I'm more interseted in having what John Q public will be running.

My trans is good for 1-4 gears. 5th is shaky, but then again, I think there are VERY few that are actually hooking up in 5th.

TST Tech
05-27-2003, 09:20
Kennedy,
I've heard that they are using the Duramax engine in the ton and half and two ton trucks. I saw one at the Indy 500 track that was a cab over GMC , and it had the Duramax badge on it. I was just wondering if you knew if the stock harness is the same to where the add on boxes will work? Sorry I didn't make it clear. Have a great day Greg

Kennedy
05-27-2003, 10:28
While I haven't seen one, I'm told they are the same. The Allison is supposed to be in a perpetual T/H mode though...

Burner
05-28-2003, 00:12
Three versions of the "duramax" engine.
210 HP
300 HP ----- Both of these are the 6.6 V-8
270 HP (I think, maybe 275) 7.8 I-6

Burner---&gt; :D

IndigoDually
05-28-2003, 05:44
JK, You are correct with the T/H mode being always engaged. My WorkHorse Chassis Motorhome is the same way. The plus is the O/D lockout is standard.

John

[ 05-28-2003: Message edited by: IndigoDually ]</p>