PDA

View Full Version : MURPHY LIVES!

ore.diesel
01-17-2004, 16:48
HELLO, YES I AM A NEW GUY. HAVE LISTENED IN FOR MANY YEARS. THE INFO ON THIS SITE HELPED ME DECIDE WHAT I WANTED TO BUY. THREE YEARS OF RESEARCH AND 6 MONTHS OF AGONIZING OVER THE EXACT TRUCK I WANTED TO DRIVE FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS. I BOUGHT IT.. A NEW 2500 HD', D\A ,EX CAB, LONG BED ,4X4, PEWTER IN COLOR. SPRAY IN BED LINER, RAIL CAPS, VENT VISORS, BUG GUARD AND MOST OF THE OPTIONS IN THE CAB. I LOVED THAT TRUCK. I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH YOU. AT 3,000 MILES I TOOK IT IN TO REPLACE THE PARTS TO MAKE THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE WORK. THREE DAYS BEFORE I WAS TO LEAVE FOR A ARCHERY ANTELOPE HUNT THEY GOT THE PARTS. TOOK IT IN FIRST THING THAT MORNING. WHILE IN THE WAITING ROOM, A GUY ASKED ME TO COME TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT WITH HIM. AS WE CAME TO THE BAY WHERE MY TRUCK WAS WAS BEING WORKED ON, HE TOLD ME THAT MY TRUCK HAD FELL OFF THE HOIST. WHEN I SAW THE TRUCK,I JUST STOOD THERE IN SHOCK. IT HAD ROLLED OFF BACKWARDS AND LANDED ON THE TRAILER HITCH HARD ENOUGH TO TWEAK THE RECIEVER. BOTH SIDES OF THE TRUCK WERE WIPED OUT BY THE ABOVE GROUND HOIST POSTS. THE LOWER BODY GROUND DOWN BY THE RAMP. AND THE LOCKING BARS JAMMED THRU THE WHEEL WELLS AND INTO THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT. I WAS STUNNED TO SAY THE LEAST. WHEN THEY TRIED TO GET IT THE REST OF THE WAY OFF THE HOIST THEY FINISHED OFF WHAT REMAINED STRAIGHT ON THE BODY. AND POPPED A MIRROR OFF. I REALLY LOVED THAT TRUCK. YES MY MIDDLE NAME IS MURPHY EVEN IF IT DOESN'T SHOW ON MY BIRTH CERT. IT WAS TOO LATE IN THE MODEL YEAR TO GET THE EXACT SAME TRUCK. THE DEALER DID HIS BEST. I THINK THE WHOLE DEALERSHIP TRIED DO DO ME RIGHT BUT IT JUST ISN'T THE SAME TRUCK. LESS OPTIONS, DIFFERENT COLOR, I AM HEARTBROKEN. I AM NOW TALKING ABOUT TO THE DEALER ABOUT A 2004. BUT THEY ARE DRAGGING THEIR FEET. I KNOW THEY WILL LOSE MORE MONEY BUT I DON'T WANT TO PAY $7000TO $10,000 TO GET THE TRUCK I WANTED AND PAID FOR. STUFF HAPPENS. :eek: JESS

matt-max
01-17-2004, 18:58
geez, man. that's a story. not sure what i would do i your shoes.....

glad to hear the dealer is doing something to take care of you, although maybe not all he could.

accidents do happen. but i've never heard of this particular accident before. good thing nobody was hurt.

best of luck getting what you want new. you might have your dealer try a search of nearby dealerships to find what you are after....just a thought

matt

rjschoolcraft
01-17-2004, 19:26
I really feel for you. :(

DmaxMaverick
01-17-2004, 20:11
Wow. I don't know how I would have reacted to that. Hope you get what you want (what you had).

On another note, make the dealer replace what you had with a like vehicle, or better (you'd have to pay any difference).

They should have insurance to cover this incident. They will not lose anything (other than whatever deductible they may have). If this is not an insured incident, it's their loss, not yours. You brought your vehicle to be repaired, not replaced with something you didn't want. Tell them what you want up front, and insist you will settle for nothing less. They have no choice.

Good luck.

bluenote
01-18-2004, 06:19
Jess, that really stinks! I hope they are able to do right by you, stick to your guns on what you expect for your replacement truck!

I know someone that had a late 60's Camaro convertible, totally stock and mint condition. A service department dropped this car off a hoist too and he went ballistic. Fortunately, in this case, they were able to repair the car. The service departments have insurance to cover these types of accidents, so they absolutely should be able to do right by you.

Good Luck!!

Bullseye54
01-24-2004, 12:20
In the late 80's I had a 68' z-28(a real one) that I had just finnished restoring it was in the muffler shop getting a complete system.The guy had just finnished the job & had the car running on the lift.I went inside to pay the guy while his kid took the car off the lift.While paying we heard all hell break loose.Went out & found my car on its right side w/left door hanging off the top hinge everything bent & the engine chugging & finaly died.The guys kid ws gone,ran away.Turns out someone had moved a tall toolchest to work on the car on next lift & my beautiful black z-28 came down on it with door open.Kid panicked & ran without trying to stop it.Found out they had a bungee holding the control lever in down position.The guy had no insurance,I sued won got nothing because he closed up shop.My insurance would give me "book value" because I was under insured,no collectrs insurance.Settled with insurance & sold the car as is.I almost broke even for what I had in it not counting 11/2 years of labor. So,personally I think Murphy was an optomist.It did sound sweet for a min.