PDA

View Full Version : My Farewell.....

flyboy2005
08-29-2003, 17:33
Well guys, it looks like I'm going to have to pack it in. It turns out I have two stuck exhaust valves, one with a bent pushrod. It'll be well over $3000 to fix it. It's a 1995 with a mint condition body and only 200,000 KILOMIETRES! I've babied it ever since I got it in 2000. But I'm fighting a losing battle. Because of the unexpected turn of events and the fact that I still have 2 years left of payments on a nice looking (but not functional truck), all I can afford right now is a Z24. I'll miss my truck and my diesel. I'd like to thank all of you guys for your help along the way, and I'll be sure to check in here from time to time.

With fond memories,

David

Randee of the Redwoods
08-29-2003, 17:47
So what is the ultimate fate of the truck? Sorry to hear of your bad luck. The thought makes me cringe, especially considering my truck came from Ebay. What's a "breezer" window?

flyboy2005
08-29-2003, 18:08
The ultimate fate of the truck is to trade it in with the dealership. For if I sell it privatly, I'll still have a lien on the vehicle. I still owe almost 10K, and the dealership is offering 6K. Which is fair considering it needs $3000 of work (which I'm sure they'll get done much cheaper). It's too bad, because I've spent a fortune on extras. If you want to know what a breezer window is, check out www.breezerwindow.com (http://www.breezerwindow.com) . It's great, it didn't come with the blond in the picture mind you. But if you park backwards at a Drive-In movie with an attractive girl with the window out.... you'll be having a fun time for sure.

David

P.S. If any guys are shopping around for a truck and are willing to buy a engine. Then feel free to contact me. It's a shame I have to give up such a good truck simply because I had a bad luck engine.

mhagie
08-30-2003, 17:34
Did you possibly check into the possibility of a reman head?
Possibly an independent repair shop do the work?
I don't think it would cost 3K to replace a head,It looks as the dealer is about to give you a hosing. :mad:

Marty Lau
09-02-2003, 12:38
Hey Flyboy;
Diesel Depot also offers "good used engines" I think for about $1500 USD and I bet you could alos like some else said get a head (I would do the pair) and have it fixed for less than $3,000.
If you need as pickup a Z24 won't cut it!

Cowracer
09-02-2003, 13:02
Originally posted by flyboy2005:
The ultimate fate of the truck is to trade it in with the dealership. For if I sell it privatly, I'll still have a lien on the vehicle. I still owe almost 10K, and the dealership is offering 6K. Which is fair considering it needs $3000 of work (which I'm sure they'll get done much cheaper). You should re-think your options here. You are in a pickle, but trading the truck in wont exactly cure your blues, just spreads them out some more.

You owe 10k and will only get 6k from the dealer. The dealer will most certianly NOT just absorb the differance. That means that the dealer will jack the other 4k into the cost of your replacement vehicle. Factoring in interest and lenght of payments, and you could be paying nearly $120 a month EXTRA to make up the loss on the truck.

Now, rather than get rid of a truck you love, if you borrow some money to R and R the motor, you would be ahead of the game. You will be paying for a new motor either way, might as well keep the truck.

My advice would be different if you didnt owe more than 6k on the truck, but I think that in your set of circumstance, you would be best served by keeping the truck and redoing the motor.

Tim