PDA

View Full Version : Mileage update

SF Jakey
01-19-2004, 08:53
Well I took all of the advise here plus some and here's what happened.
Changed fuel filter and tightened all connections, tightened all the k/n intake clamps, cleaned MAF sensor and drove to Tahoe and back at 2000 rpm. The result was 17.2 going up in traffic, 18.5 coming home. I really don't think running 100-200 rpm slower made the difference, nor the fuel filter change, so I'll give the credit to cleaning the MAF. Thanks for all your help on this and I hope it stays this way, otherwise the truck will be for sale.

James S
01-22-2004, 05:25
Hey SF Jakey,

Can we try an experiment??? Try driving at eighteen-hundred RPM's on one trip and tell us what you get for milage. Have you accounted for the tire size, when measuring your speed?? What kind of tires? Try this and let us know. Cleaning the MAF sensor sure helped though. Do you have a tono or canopy on your truck? Talk to you soon.

James
PS, A note to ALL! When you are asking questions about problems with your truck, please let us know: the exact manufacturer, [GM/Chev, ]model, drive type, trim level, bed-length, every accessory and mod on the truck. This will help us help you to find the problem. So, I suggest that everyone, go back and edit there signature describing there truck, so we all have that info at least, and those who have not created one, create one. This will help everyone on this forum help each other with problems.
;)

SF Jakey
01-22-2004, 09:05
I do factor the tires (285 bfg a/t) into the mileage. I multiply the miles by 1.1, since according to my gps I'm traveling 10% faster at any given speed. I know that you all use .8 as the factor, but I figure 30in to 33in is 10% increase, plus they are on stock rims so they crown more than a 8in rim and my gps agrees.
As far as the rest, I have a leer cab high shell an K/N fipk and thats it. Next trip I'll try the 1800 rpm thing for an experiment, but I'll have to take some valium first so I don't mind going so slow!