PDA

View Full Version : SHES HOME!!!!!!!!

MudNurI
09-29-2004, 18:30
After having injector issues since late July, she's finally home! I'm waiting for our final work order to be mailed to me, as I was so happy to get her back I didnt want to wait..

In the end- what I've found is sometimes having more info than your service manager has is a good thing!... Because of TDP, I was aware of the "extended coverage" of the injectors, and gave them the info etc.

My truck is now running at 97K miles, as good as it did at 110 when we took delivery almost 3 years ago to the date... She purrs, she idle's fine, she gets up and goes like she should without that nasty cloud of black smoke behind it...ahhhhh life is good!

Now, the tough decision, now that she's back, I really dont want that 8.1 that's waiting for me!...maybe I can talk John into getting the 8.1 for him, and I'll keep the D/A and my Envoy LOL

Thanks again guys!

Brandy

KenZ
09-30-2004, 03:13
Brandy,

What was the total time in the shop? How long to get the injectors? I'm at 2 weeks tomorrow.

Thanks--and hope you get to keep the truck!

Ken

FormulaPro
09-30-2004, 12:17
I'm curious as well how long it took. I just dropped off my 02 Duramax on Monday for new injectors at 65K miles. My oil pressure dropped to 20 psi as I cruised down the highway, then noticed oil and fuel underneath when I stopped. The truck is completely stock. The dealer said 30K injectors were on backorder and about 4 weeks to get them. No help from GM or the dealer with a rental car. Fortunately, I have an extended GM warranty which will cover a rental car for about a week ($250 max).

Mark

KenZ
09-30-2004, 15:18
Mark,

Sorry to hear about your truck. I got a rental after a little loud complaining. First thing I did when they said no, was to ask who the zone manager was. They contacted him and he authorized it. Others seem to have gotten one without much fuss. I have 75k on mine. Good luck, I would push for the rental sooner than later. It could be 6 weeks or longer.

Ken

MudNurI
10-02-2004, 17:59
see my new post with total time in shop, and work order info...

Brandy

FormulaPro
10-05-2004, 08:17
Good news, just called the dealer today to complain about the rental car policy and voila, the injectors arrived this morning, 7 days from the day the truck went in for service. Maybe this backlog issue is starting to get resolved!
They're hoping to have my truck ready by tomorrow night.

Mark

KenZ
10-08-2004, 07:41
formulapro,

I wonder whats going on?! Your dealer must have already had some on order. I'm at 3 weeks now and still no word on when they can get the injectors. They couldn't locate any at other dealers either. I wonder if dealers are ordering these to have on hand, further causing a delay.

At least I still have a rental.

FormulaPro
10-09-2004, 19:19
Kenz,

Sorry to hear about your continued wait for injectors. When I had heard my injectors had arrived, the first thing I thought was they ordered the newer style injectors by mistake. I think I definietly got lucky, as my truck was finished Friday, less than 2 wks out of commission. On my short drive home from the dealer, it seemed to drive great, very good power, and no changes in sound of diesel, or temperature light issues others have witnessed.

I will ask the service manager how these injectors arrived so quickly so your better informed about your own situation.

Best of luck. Keep us informed.

R Hood
10-10-2004, 13:27
There are 4 new injectors at Titus-Will in Olympia, WA.

I know this because they installed 4 new ones in my old engine before they discovered the hole in the piston of cylinder that had the initial injector failure.

Since a new engine (it came complete with new injectors) is being installed, they won't need the original 4 new ones.

The only catch might be my on going warranty fight.