PDA

View Full Version : Superchips - Install update!

cdhd2001
08-29-2003, 08:09
Well, all I can say is WOW!!!

I purchased the Superchips tuner on Sunday, and installed it Thursday night. I programmed tuning only and selected the lowest setting (50 hp, Tow-Safe). This thing definitely drives more like a gasser. When stock I had a

king D
08-29-2003, 17:20
sounds like for the price you have a winner keep us posted on the upgrades ,pyro booost ect...and the higher hp settings and remember have fun...jess

cdhd2001
09-02-2003, 10:44
Well, I am no longer

8.1GASSER
09-02-2003, 17:15
Congrats on the new tuner, if your that impressed with the Superchips, you'd just about wet your pants with the Juice or Quad boxes. :D

cdhd2001
09-02-2003, 18:21
8.1gasser,

I thought about the quad box. Problem is my wife read kennedy's post about the 4,400 rpm shifts and said "NO!" But, I am happy with the performance and price! It is truly amazing that a $300 tuner on a diesel makes a bigger difference than a $3,000 supercharger on a gasser (been there, done that!).

On a side note. Here in Austin I would probably get tickets for excessive exhaust smoke. They have started a radical (for Texas) aggressive ticketing program for vehicles in the city. My co-workers 1985 Mercedes diesel got a hefty fine 2 months ago!

Oh well! :rolleyes:

thechevyhdman
09-02-2003, 19:54
Yeah I dont mean to knock anyone on this, but Im glad I went with Juice when they came out almost two years ago...I still think no one can hold a match to em' Predator, SChips, Hypertech....Theirs only one Juice I guess Im saying...If you think super chips is great... borrow a Juice box.....If you make enough smoke to get busted by the smoke cops....They are gonna bust you for something else anyways(speeding...reckless driving...noise pollution) When I can limp with a notevenclosetoo100horsepowerPredator..and be fine with a more than 100hp advertised as 90hp Juice box.....theirs all the proof I need....I think Juice is the safest...yet somewhat(I mean somewhat)..most powerful on the market box you can get. Just my own thoughts and ideas.
Bill

orange2
09-02-2003, 23:16
pred ain't too bad, just beat my buds d-max with a 90 hp juice in a quarter. He has an auto, me a 6 gear.

cdhd2001
09-03-2003, 11:19
If the weather is good on friday I will do some runs at the track to compare between stock and chipped. BTW, I have a favorite 4-way stop about 2 miles from home. I have tested (seat-of-pants) all of my vehicles at that stop sign. Anyway, floored the dmax stock would take off okay, little sluggish to get moving but good after the turbo kicked in. No tire squeal on take off or on any shifts. Well, I tried it again yesterday with chip on 55 hp. What a difference! The truck immediately lurched forward, and did the 1-2 shift halfway through the intersection. As soon as it hit second the back tires started squalling and left twin 20 ft. rubber trails. Not too shabby! Just enough smoke to haze the intersection! :D

P.S. I have noticed something wierd. Each level higher on the superchip makes the engine quieter, i.e. less "clatter". Has anyone noticed this with any other tuner?