PDA

View Full Version : Juiced???

Dobe Man
05-27-2003, 08:44
I'm a newbie to the world of diesels so here is my newbie question? What's with all this talk about "juice"? I understand that it adds power. What I don't understand is why this doesn't come stock on the new trucks? It seems that GM, Ford and Dodge all want to get into a ****ing contest when it comes to power. Does the "juice" harm the truck? How much does it cost? Can a "nonwrench" person put it on? Are some brands better than other? Where does one get the "juice" and how much does it cost? I'm heading to the Rockies in a few weeks, do I really need this "juice" to pull my 5er over the mountains? Thanks

sdaver
05-27-2003, 11:07
welcome.............check out this post for a start........
http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004725&p=.....you have to cut and paste................ :D dave

a64pilot
05-27-2003, 11:39
Dobe,
The truck with juice probably couldn't pass emission tests. Juice is one answer, there are many others as well.

FisHn2DMax
05-27-2003, 12:18
Dobe Man,

I live in the Rocky's and tow my 10K Lb 5'er around here with no power problems and NO juice. However, I do plan on putting the juice module on after I put a few more miles on the truck. I've seen and felt the difference of the "Juice" and it's HUGE! I would only run level one for my needs.

It all depends on how fast you want to go up the hills and the size of the 5 er your pulling? I recommend you first try towing stock, keeping in mind the Dmax is still breaking in. Once your truck is broken in (4K to 10K miles), you'll notice a significant gain in power! I noticed a change just after 4K miles.

Just my $.02, But I'd recommend you wait until your DMax is broken in, them access if you still need more power. If you do, the Juice is a great choice!

:D

Kennedy
05-27-2003, 12:51
I've been intending to try the CA version of the Juice to see just how solidly it performs. This may be an alternative for some who dislike a little smoke.

RichBailey
05-27-2003, 13:10
JK,
...a little smoke? :eek:

Those Fords and Dodges can't even see the rearend of my truck! I always make sure that they are on the right side for max effect. :D

WOJO 1
05-27-2003, 13:33
RichBailey, I agree. I have 4.61 Non Hot Juice and boy does it smoke when you get into it. Sure makes the truck act different. I took a friend at work for a ride and he could not believe the response from a pick up truck.

a64pilot
05-27-2003, 13:56
Interesting,
I haven't noticed any smoke,(exh. not tires) :D from my TST.

WOJO 1
05-27-2003, 14:24
I understand it is the CA version that produces the excessive smoke. Could be wrong though. Not sure about the non CA versions.

imported_
05-27-2003, 22:17
wonder which version makes the most smoke .
4.3 hot juice
4.61 hot juice
anyone know
John K?
Anyone???