PDA

View Full Version : What are these

mackin
05-27-2003, 18:24
Codes ??

P0621 GEN Lamp 'L' Control Circuit => :confused:

What are fault codes ND000 and NE106 "nuttin" => :confused:

While I have your attention how does a speed'o calibration go off at speeds greater than 85 MPH ???

In other words at 100 it's off 4 MPH when at 80 it's dead nuts => :confused:

Oh ya that info was not easy to obtain,solo,but do able => ;)

Lets have it tech'ies do your stuff => :eek:

On a side note Fuel injection system "all" with in spec .... Injector Balance rate varies between all cylinders greatly but with in spec ..... Zeit OK?? Oder es Zeit Not OK ??

Mac

[ 05-27-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

ndamico
05-27-2003, 20:29
Mac,

i get a p0622 almost every few days. my truck came with factory daual 105A's and i think that's why. did you mean 0622? do you have dual alts?

SoMnDMAX
05-27-2003, 22:49
P0621 info, courtesy of GM Service CD's-

The ECM uses the generator turn on signal circuit to control the load of the generator on the engine. A high side driver in the ECM applies a voltage to the voltage regulator. This signals the voltage regulator to turn the field circuit ON and OFF. When the ECM turns ON the high side driver, the voltage regulator turns ON the field circuit. When the ECM turns OFF the high side driver, the voltage regulator turns OFF the field circuit.

The ECM monitors the state of the generator turn on signal circuit. The ECM should detect a low generator turn on signal circuit voltage when the key is ON and the engine is OFF, or when the charging system malfunctions. With the engine running, the ECM should detect a high generator turn on signal circuit. The ECM performs key ON and RUN tests to determine the status of the generator turn on signal circuit. During the key ON test, if the ECM detects a high generator turn on signal circuit voltage, DTC P0621 will set. DTC P0621 will also set if, during the RUN test, the ECM detects a low generator turn on signal circuit. When the DTC sets, the ECM will turn on the charge indicator in the IPC.

The other two do not exist according to my service CD.

mackin
05-28-2003, 04:59
SoMnDMAX

So in conclusion I'm not sweating it my charging system is in tact 14 volts .... Perhaps I was in the run no start ignition position drew the battery down enough causing a low voltage rate ECM high generator turn on ... Info was NOT provided in the Helms manual,WTF .....Thanks ....

Them fault codes were odd,one disappeared on it's own ?? .....Perhaps someone else has seen ??

Burn me a set of them CD'S all ready ..... ;)

ndamico

Just a single ..... Spot soon to house a Lone Eagle secondary filter mount ... I hope ....

Mac

[ 05-28-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

a64pilot
05-28-2003, 05:35
As far as the speedo cal., everything I have ever owned the speedo has always been "optimistic" at high speeds. I'm surprised it's on at 80MPH. Did you calibrate it with the predator or something?

Amianthus
05-28-2003, 09:42
I am going to make a guess here. Take it for what it's worth. If your speed signal is taken from your ring gear (as mine is) then your truck probably uses a Hall-effect type sensor. That being the case, the ring gear has several teeth and the pulses may be just running too close togeather for the computer to count them accurately. I mean if your wheels are turning at 1000 RPM, you are getting around 144,000 pulses in a minute (as on my truck). That's 2400 pulses a second. That's a tall order for a computer to process accurately. But that's just a guess.

BassinRVer
05-28-2003, 10:23
Mackin,

I am getting the same codes readout on my predator so I called my local Chevy Shop and they tell me that NE106 is not for my truck. I have e-mailed Diablo but I am not getting anywhere. Here is what Diablo said.

"The Predator is a scan tool, but the vehicle runs scans on its own systems constantly, if you run a scan all the time for no reason, you will find the codes related to the systems checks the PCM is doing. It is not possible to put every code for every function in a tool of this type, the NGS tool Ford uses is $2500.00, not the 1/5 of that we charge for Predator. The codes in the tool are trouble codes used by the manufacturer to treat and/or diagnose potential issues or faults in the vehicle, and for this we have covered the proper codes."

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
Diablosport Sales Manager
(561)908-0050 Ext #203
(561)908-0051 Fax
nick@diablosport.com

BassinRVer
06-02-2003, 15:08
Machin,
I took my truck in Friday for the SES light coming every know and then. And Chevy is not quite sure what is going on. The codes that chevy Tech II is showing is low voltage and a disconnect from the engine brain and the tranny brain. This is what is causing the P0000 and Ne106 codes to show up on the predator. I had no other codes in Tech II so the P0000 and Ne106 has to with the two brains losing connection. I know I do not have low voltage because I have four ways of checking the voltage on my truck. I did have my NTSB(?) switch replaced one month ago so maybe this has something to do with these codes. I will let you know what the dealer finds out.

mackin
06-02-2003, 16:01
BassinRVer

That would be cool if you could find out thanks ....

Wonder how long you can have the batteries disconnected before it effects the memory in the ECM and TCM and perhaps throw a code ?? Or if it even that matters .....

Mac :confused:

BassinRVer
06-05-2003, 12:10
Mackin,

These codes ND000 and NE106 are bogus codes that show on the Predator when real codes are present and would show up on the Tech II but the Predator does not recognize. This was started in a way by Diablo in their response above that they only have diveababity codes only and that the predator does not all the codes in it. But is going on with my truck is relayed to the aftermarket alarm. Sometimes when I would turn off my aftermarket alarm the factory alarm would set off. This was anoying so the aftermarket alarm installer grounded out my factory alarm. Well this morning I stopped at 7-11 and armed my truck, then came back to leave and the truck turned over but would not start. I got out the predator and it should three faults one was P0000, Ne106 and a factory alarm code wanting the password (i.e the factory keyless entry). All codes were reset last night. So if my factory alarm was not grouded out the horn would be blowing. I called the aftermarket alarm company this morning and they confirmed what I was experienced was what was going on and they said the reason I could turn over the truck and not start it was because the factory alarm stops the fuel pump. When the factory alarm sets off when it was grounding is causing these codes like Low Voltage, Disconnect with the two brains, etc., etc., etc., And predators does not recognize these codes but does know some are their so it reads out P0000, U0000, Ne106, etc. If I have totally confused everyone you can e-mail me at rjconner@transystems.com. I how James and Diablo reads this so they cann tell non TDP members what is going on.

BassinRVer
06-06-2003, 12:30
Mackin,

You there???

mackin
06-06-2003, 21:23
Originally posted by BassinRVer:
Mackin,

You there??? Just got here been busy,long story .....I kabish what your typing about .... Apparently the Pred is not reading or can distinguish all non engine performance codes ..... No biggie mine is finally on it's way back with current upgrades ....

The alarm system glitch I can also relate to .... My Vette had the same type issue .... Had a Clifford installed over the factory alarm ..... If you familiar with the Vette one didn't need to push buttons to get doors to unlock just needed to approach vehicle .....If I walked near it with the GM fob the alarm would wale every time,with Clifford activated ....

I wont sweat the unreadable codes,for now, thanks for the info ....

Mac