PDA

View Full Version : coolant problem update

deadlyman
08-30-2003, 17:15
well more bad news they still do not know what the problem is instedof removing the heads and checking the gaskets they are replacing the thermastats again and o ring for the houseing geuss the found a nick on the o ring and reasemble the motor flush the cooling system runing it then checking for gasses in the coolant again something about a possible air pocket not alowing the thermastat to open but they still found traces of gasses in the coolant but think that this might be left over from before foun out this dealership has only worked on a couple of d-maxes and only replaced injectors nothing else

--------------------
Chevy 2001 3500 LT 4x4 ext cab D/A Black onyx
weather boots floormats

BANKS MONSTER EXHAUST
19.5 Alcoas /245/70/19.5 LRH M/S michelins
overhead digital gauges
truspeed sensor
J&J milleniam running boards
www.picturetrail.com/deadlyman (http://www.picturetrail.com/deadlyman)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 113 | From: winter springs fl.u.s. | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged |

Gbenzx01
08-31-2003, 19:29
Well deadlyman,
probly can't help much but sounds like what has been said here as head gasket. Try search using head gasket or coolant leak maybe.
Have you tried smelling exhaust for coolant smell? Look for combustion flakes in coolant & if positive, no other way it can get there.
And if tank runs over pressure it will trigger overflow & generally smell under truck & possibly thru a/c vents. If they didn't know how to bleed the cooling system may need to get to someone who knows what their doing, call other service mgrs. :rolleyes:

Gben

dmaxalliTech
09-01-2003, 19:38
Hmm, Florida nice this time of year? Roadtrip with my tools?

deadlyman
09-03-2003, 03:27
now they tell me they are going to replace the head gaskets after puting the truck back together and checking for over boost problem witch was not there trying to put the blame on me I gues :rolleyes: they keep asking me if I reprogramed the computer

mackin
09-03-2003, 04:06
Originally posted by deadlyman:
now they tell me they are going to replace the head gaskets after puting the truck back together and checking for over boost problem witch was not there trying to put the blame on me I gues :rolleyes: they keep asking me if I reprogramed the computer Oh Boy !!!!

Tell them ya for coolant leaks ,something new I'm trying to confuse Mr Goodwrench ..... :rolleyes:

J/K
But you'd like to.....I'm sure ....
Hope it's fixed soon ......

Least they didn't nail you for the OVERSIZE tires being the problem ,perhaps next ....

Mac ;)