PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Law or what?

ALLAMERICAN1
01-27-2004, 08:08
I have an '02 2500HD with the Duramax purchased in late October of '01. The Truck has just over 51,000 miles on it now. It was in the shop last week for it's fourth fuel tank sending unit. My wife has been stranded twice and luckily they were in big shopping centers and I already knew what it was so I just took her some fuel. Once it was on the way to LAX to catch a flight that we just barely made, and this last time it was on the way to a customers and I was an hour late. Don't get me wrong, other than this it has been the best truck I have ever owned but.... This is a major major inconvienience. I have never seen a low fuel light so I don't know if it even works!

I called 1800GMCTRUK and expressed my extreme displeasure about having a $40,000 truck that run's out of fuel without warning. The lady I talked to said she would call the dealership and see what she could find out. I was called back the next evening and she explained to me that something about the gas in California was affecting the circuit board in the tank. I did not mention to her that it was a diesel which I believe #2 diesel is the same everywhere. I told her I was not happy and that I wanted to consult with some other people about a solution. I am supposed to get back in touch with her in the next few days and discuss a remedy.

What do you folks think I should do. The truck is still under a 60,000 mile extended warranty. I also purchased another truck exactly like the first one for my partner a few months after mine and it has never had a problem. I am looking for suggestions I understand the lemon law applies if it is in for the same problem three times or more.

Sorry for the long post.

Thank's

Mike

Gbenzx01
01-27-2004, 09:31
AllAmerican1,

Can not imagine someone claiming to have installed the 4th sending unit in the same truck.
I've a prob with who is claiming this. Maybe the bs petunia on the other end of the phone line you were talking on.
Has the prob been there sense day one or did it begin after you had some type of installation done? If this be the case may be just a pinched circuit somewhere. But if not may be a faulty guage or it's connection.
Drop by a different dealer, find their Service Mgr & discuss it with he/she only.
Someone else here at DP may be able to narrow the field more correctly but I believe somebody at your dealer has failed to extend a reasonable effort. :rolleyes:

Gben

BTW Guys, watch your emails I almost punched into a BuggaBear a few minutes ago. This says something abt an email not being sent or not sent correctly, BEWARE it's worse than any worm yet!!!!!

ALLAMERICAN1
01-27-2004, 12:10
Gbenzxo1,

All the warranty/maintenance has been performed at this dealership. I have always had good service from them. The service writer that I spoke to last said that they replace alot of these sending units, not just mine. They do only medium duty trucks at this facility ie 2500's or larger, no cars. 1st one was replaced in late January 03, next one in March 03, and the last one about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I can tell when they are getting ready to go out because it looks like i'm starting to get extremely good mileage. I usually get aboout 400 miles per tank. But I shouldn't have to check trip meter just look at the gauge, the wife does not watch the trip meter. There has been no change in the truck since middle of 02.

I'm confused.

Mike