PDA

View Full Version : So dmaxallitech give us the scoop on Mtomac's truck

sdaver
05-29-2003, 06:56
so tell us your impressions of a juiced truck........I think I know the answer :D dave

dmaxalliTech
05-29-2003, 11:50
sdaver, I have already called JK for a price ;)
Predeter is going in for 1.04 update for zero tune....
Juice is good, juice warm is HOT :D

Kennedy
05-29-2003, 13:35
Some times a guy just has to see for himself!

NFLDMAX
05-29-2003, 14:37
I was afraid I was going to read that.....now I know that I will soon have to follow ;)

mackin
05-29-2003, 15:03
Yes, sir the Juice is the staple of Duramax performance ....

It will be interesting to see what the 100 HP Predator you guys are comparing it too feels like ... I know it's mighty amazing when you put the boots to any addition power enhancement installed on the Max...But it will be tough to beat without blowing thru the Allison, stock ...

Mac :D

sdaver
05-29-2003, 15:07
I think torque and torque management is the secret to sucess regarding dmax and allison known issues...................

Kent Tuttle
05-29-2003, 15:13
My neighbor with his new d-max says it has plenty of power so far. I told him I use to think the same thing until I plugged in the Juice :eek: I said when he is ready we can go for a little test drive :D

[ 05-29-2003: Message edited by: Kent Tuttle ]</p>

GMC-2002-Dmax
05-29-2003, 15:16
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

Whoever has both or has ridden in both let's hear it.

I would like to know if the Predator at the 85hp tune compares at all to the Juice on L3 or L4. Anyone out there have both and want to comment????

Who has dyno'd the Predator against Juice or a Hot Juice???

JK, wanna chime in, dmaxalliTech your impression ????

I guess calling for a price means the credit card has already left the wallet. :eek: :eek:

I would like to know as I was considering the Predator for a scanner and tire reflasher.

I am patiently waiting :rolleyes: .

GMC ;)

[ 05-30-2003, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]

heartbeatcanada
05-29-2003, 16:04
GMC-2002-dmax

I have both and the winner is the JUICE hands down. The 100hp predator seems close to the 90hp juice, still think the 90hp has a little more. The predator does shift nicer on hard accelerations(don't know if this a good thing or not). Pump up the JUICE to 125hp and you'll blow away any predator. I have tried the 115hp predator custom tune, way back when, and it was probably alittle more than the juice 90, shifts were terrible, as you could eat a chocolate bar between them. That was in the early stages of the game, it might be better now.

If you stack the two together, look out. Combined they make some pretty nice power.(haven't dynoed, yet) Don't recommend this method all the time, just for special occasions. JK and others will probably chime in and tell the same story.

I guess if i had to do it all again, and could only buy one power upgrade it would be the JUICE no questions asked(the hot-juice of coarse :D )

P.S if you get the hot-juice you had better buy shares in a tire company as you're gonna be burning them up :eek: :eek: Later

sdaver
05-29-2003, 16:39
i have both and agree with the canadian

Joe.G
05-29-2003, 17:41
I have both and have tested, I believe the Juice is better on the 90 hp setting. I do like the shifts better with the Predator but w/o running the truck on the dragstrip I really can't confirm which is the quickest. Do know one thing tho, cruise control can't handle the Predator on 100 hp setting, it over corrects on hills and takes forever to settle out, your speed will go over and under what you set because the throttle is so sensitive.

king D
05-29-2003, 18:24
well i have had two hot juices a reg juice and a pred and i wont even keep going with the others.as far as a 90 hp juice it does have a little more 0-60 than the 100 pred,however on the 1/4 pass it does widen out a little more.as far as a hot juice versus the pred there is nothing to compareexcept for after the 1/4 which after the first 1/4 without the speedlimit rraised the under powered pred is gonna walk the juice down and keep right on going. mackin i think you asked in another topic about the stacking.i got best results with the pred on 100 stacked with a va on about 75 with timing.i tried with out but with was not only faster 0-60 but a good deal cooler as well.i think some more timing would help out the pred a great deal. it sure would be better if there was a program that would let you control your own timing advance,as well as rail pressure and control shift points,speedlimiter,and raise revs as well.also it would allow you to create custom files and email them to buddies on the net.....oh well ,one day soon we may all be so lucky....jess

dmaxalliTech
05-29-2003, 19:56
I must admit, when the Predeter made its maiden voyage on my truck, I was very impressed and have since gotten used to its power on demand feeling...however...

When Tomac picked up his truck from me a few days ago, he asked if I would like to drive the Hot Juice on his truck, duh!.

We were rolling along at about 25 or so and he said " lean on it " I never made it to the floor and it scared me with its immediate response. After some light mashes with the go pedal, I let Mike drive his own truck, its hard to beat on somebody's truck when he is sitting next to ya! He did some hard launches from a stop and rollin stop and if I wasnt sitting in the back seat, I would have thought this thing was a strong F body. I think the Predator is gonna be the speedo correction and top speed adjuster before too long...zero tune ;)

WhiteDuramax
05-29-2003, 20:26
I have the predator and one of my buddies has the regular juice, they both feel about the same, I think this is because his is a 03 and doesnt have many miles yet. They work well stackin though, juice on 2 and predator 100hp, lookout!