PDA

View Full Version : TSB info??

Steve Cornell
09-01-2003, 07:21
Hey gents,

Been a while since I posted..... smile.gif

I'm taking the Duramax in to the dealer for an oil change tomorrow and like a lot of other 03 owners I think the AC could do better so I'm going to have that looked at.
Is there a TSB? for this and if so could you point me to it?

Also is there a TSB for the throttle position? I don't really think I'm "down on power" but if I can get it checked out I will just to be sure.

Any other items I should check while I'm there?

I did a search and didn't really come up with anything and I've been so busy the last few months I haven't kept up with the forum like a dedicated Duramax owner should :( please forgive me :D

Thanks,
Steve

imported_
09-01-2003, 13:35
Steve

TSB # is 02-01-38-007A. I saw it last nite while i was reading some other posts here on TDP but now i cant seem to find it. I have a copy that the dealer gave me.
My dealer replaced the orifice tube with a smaller one & recharged the system with 1.5 lbs. freon. It gets cold now really fast.

part # 3096068 Orifice A 9.213 R

[ 09-01-2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: fishingn ]

jbplock
09-01-2003, 16:09
Steve,
Try these topics for more info on the TSB that Fishingn referenced.

02 Weak AC Solution (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=005185)

New Info for hot A/C owners (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=005308)

NCalDMax
09-02-2003, 17:35
Does anybody know if this TSB for the A/C system applies to 2002 vehicles? The references seem to be to 2003 models.

Ever since I got this thing, I've felt the A/C was below-par for performance.

Steve Cornell
09-02-2003, 18:47
Thanks for the reply guys.

Took the truck in today for the oil change and had the A\C TSB done, they checked everything as per the TSB and it all checked out OK so they pulled a vacuum on the system for 45 min. and refilled with 1.6 lbs of R134.

Hard to tell yet as it was a rainy day here in WV but it seems to blow plenty of cold air, I'll see if it's any better the next hot day.

I looked through all the bulletins on the computer at the dealer and couldn't find anything about the throttle position or lack of power but like I said I don't think it's a problem with my truck.

Thanks again,
Steve