PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Problems

westies
05-29-2003, 21:44
Discovered month ago that my 03 did not have the inner fender cover that is in front of the air box intake.. Then a weird rattle in front fender turned out to be some sort of black plastic duct that started above the bumper and went up to inner fender holes that are in front of air box intake. Duct was rattling so truck went to dealer for fix. Dealer searched all his info, looked at all diesels on lot and could not find this duct on his computer or on trucks in lot. By accident the parts man pulled up drawins for a 3500 with the 8.1. There was the duct and no inner fender cover. Now I am paying attention and noticed my fuel comsumption is down and the truck runs hot. Had an identical 02 duramax and this 03 runs hot and fuel is about 2.5 mpg off of the 02 on really identical truck cept for Bose stereo. The other difference was a KN air filter. This saturday dealer will put KN filter in and put cover on inner fender panel with hopes that this is maybe the fixer.
Anyone else with an item like this or do I just have a Friday truck screw up. Other question is that seeing the 8.1 parts on my duramax, could there be other items meant for 8.1 and not for duramax that could be causing the over heating. Like was my duramax really scheduled for gas and ended up diesel?????
Any suggestions would be very helpful..........Thanks
Should add that this truck was a factory order duramax with no changes to order and also very early delivery, like one of the first in the province. :confused: