PDA

View Full Version : surge

NEW2DMAX
05-30-2003, 20:07
While sitting in conjested traffic from a stand still it is my turn to inch forward with a slight touch of the trottle, and right back off the trottle; the truck wanted to lauch forward even though I was off the trottle. Kinda scared the crap out of me with that car in front me. It did this twice.. :eek:

a64pilot
05-31-2003, 06:43
Could it be downshifting from 2nd to first on you?, did it do this very shortly or just as you were coming to a stop? Mine has only done it a couple of times, but when it does it really got my attention as the truck jumped a foot or so and I was not ready for it. With me it is the Ally downshifting and not an RPM flare from the engine.

Raptorrider2001
05-31-2003, 07:21
Mine did that in the drive-way the other day but I thought it was something I had done. Just not really paying attention and it lunged forward several feet. :confused:

mguebert
05-31-2003, 08:58
My truck occasionaly does this also, if you blip the throttle the RPM will rise then drop and sometimes then rise quickly again even though you are not on the pedal. It will scare the hell out of you if your not ready for it.

britannic
05-31-2003, 09:11
Our Dmax has defueled and immediately resumed after a brief blip from idle in drive, causing a sudden lurch in stop and go traffic - it's only happened once, but it was unnerving.

BigLakeDMAX
06-01-2003, 21:04
I've noticed this with the a/c on - believe it's the compressor cycling off and a brief rpm surge before the idle adjusts down.

Mark A
06-01-2003, 21:58
Both of my trucks do this every once in awhile. Its like if you tap the pedal to ease up it'll just launch. Dont know what the problem is.

NEW2DMAX
06-02-2003, 20:32
Thanks dmax owners. Looks like it is a real problem and not just my truck. Love the truck anyway, maybe it just don't like setting still it's made to pull!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D