PDA

View Full Version : Dmaxallitech for President!!!!!!

JERMCK
09-02-2003, 19:48
A while back I asked for everyone's assistance here on The Page regarding my truck losing coolant out of the overflow. Several of you responded and it became obvious I had a head gasket problem. I took the truck to my local dealer and he blew me off since I did not buy the truck from him. I bought the truck in Minneapolis since I was there working for two years. I found a dealer about thirty miles away who would do the repairs. I took the truck to him and explained about the info I got here regarding the head gaskets. I was not offered a loaner. Ten days later I picked up my truck with an explanation that the #8 injector tube needed resealing.

Two days later I got a call to work in Chicago. The truck blew all of the coolant out of the overflow tank within two hours of leaving home. I did not have a choice but to continue driving since I only had 24 hrs to get to my assignment. It was miserable watching the temp gauge for 18 hrs and praying.

When I got to Chicago I realized I was not to far from Dmaxallitech. I gave him a call and he told me to bring the truck to him and he would fix it. I drove the truck to Grand Rapids to the finest dealership I have ever had the pleasure to visit. Eric (dmaxallitech) is the nicest guy you will ever meet on the planet. I was introduced to the owner, Todd Wenzel, who thanked me over and over for bringing my business to him. I was furnished an '03 Z71 loaded for a courtesy vehicle. Four days later Eric called to inform me he was driving the truck home to make sure it was repaired. He had replaced the head gaskets, head bolts and resealed all of the injector tubes.

Today I picked the truck up. It had been detailed, even under the hood. It had a full tank of diesel and the oil had been changed. I could not believe it. Todd came out to thank me for my business again. I have not received service like this in a long time. There is no doubt as to where my next truck will come from, Todd Wenzel in Grand Rapids. I will never be able to thank Eric enough for fixing my truck.

I feel like the good man above led me to this dealership. Thank you, Eric.

NWDmax
09-02-2003, 20:05
How many miles is it to Grand Rapids from Wenatchee Washington?
I'm going to try another dealership for my lopey idle since the first one blew it off as"everything checks out and is within specs".
We'll see how it turns out but may have to make a road trip!
Nice post and good job Eric!
Blake

JERMCK
09-02-2003, 20:15
2075.4 miles - Time - 30:09 hours.

Well worth your time. Believe me.

I worked in Wenatchee a few years ago. Beautiful place.

Dawg
09-02-2003, 21:47
NWDmax,

Shoot me an email. I have a place you might want to contact closer to home.

jamies_2@msn.com

mtomac
09-02-2003, 22:04
Now you know who installed all the hard mods on my truck: Elocker, ATS Level3 in the Allison, beefed up tie rods and the urethane bushings in the front end.

sdaver
09-02-2003, 22:28
I too have shared some CELLure time with Eric and he is great guy...... :D dave

deadlyman
09-03-2003, 03:22
alright now I am envious Eric told me what is wrong with my truck but the delership would not believe me now they are finaly replaceing the head gaskets after 2.5 weaks .

mackin
09-03-2003, 04:10
Originally posted by JERMCK:
2075.4 miles - Time - 30:09 hours.

Well worth your time. Believe me.

I worked in Wenatchee a few years ago. Beautiful place. Hey I'm just a puddle jump away from CT compared to that ...About 13 Hrs and three speeding tickets .... A mear price to pay for quality service ...

Mac

NFLDMAX
09-03-2003, 05:24
Eric,
You need to move to Florida :D

Black Dog
09-03-2003, 05:38
Eric,
You need to move to Florida No way! Find your own guy :D

mtomac
09-03-2003, 08:25
I'll chain him to his toolbox and take anything out that he could cut the chain with if he even talks about moving out of state. That toolbox must weigh a ton. I know he couldn't get away if he was chained to it. I'm lucky to have a really, really good tech at a dealer only 10 minutes away.

HD-Nate
09-03-2003, 08:54
Hmmm,

675.0 miles, 10hrs-23 minutes, sounds like its worth the drive!!!

I

GSXRTURBO1
09-03-2003, 09:42
Eric doesn't know me except for my (very) few posts here. He offered to send something to another member, and I asked him if he could also send me one of the same. While the part was of little cost, the very fact that he sent it to me without question spoke volumes. I have total confidence the man is just as I imagine he is, I can't wait to meet him and shake his hand. He's a good guy.

Allison Jettester
09-03-2003, 12:02
Heck! I drove to Traverse City MI. from Maryland just to pick up my new truck. Driving it to Grand Rapids to get a good mech would be a piece of cake. I think they're aliens. A lot of people say they've seen one, but......

SoCalDMAX
09-03-2003, 13:20
Well, I'm convinced he's a great guy, just from what I've read here.

The question is, why would you want to inflict the Presidency on such a nice guy? I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy! ;)

Regards, Steve

chuntag95
09-03-2003, 13:43
Originally posted by SoCalDMAX:
The question is, why would you want to inflict the Presidency on such a nice guy? I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy! ;) He's too smart to take that job. :D

FirstDiesel
09-03-2003, 16:52
It's great that Eric and his dealership understand good service and are willing to do the right thing. It's sad that so many of the other dealers we are forced to work with don't understand it!! Most of them act like they don't want to have your business and that they are ticked off that you brought your truck to them to be fixed.

The dealer I use isn't quite that bad but they aren't like Eric and his shop either. They spend more time trying to impress upon you that they want you to give them a perfect rating on the survey from GM than they do earning a perfect rating!

Last rip to the dealer they changed a leaking rear axle seal and replaced the brakes. The problem?? They never bothered cleaning any of the lube off either of the rear wheels!! Perfect score on their survey??? I think not!!

Burner
09-03-2003, 17:07
It would be nice if Eric and his Boss got together and made a “small” net of dealers that dealt with our Duramax like Eric. I would give them a “little extra” for their time. :D

Eric, can that be done?

Burner-------> :D

dmaxalliTech
09-03-2003, 20:40
Well, I was scanning through the forums the other night and seen this thread, I started to read it and my jaw hit the keyboard. I was floored. I have been debating now for a few hours if I wanted to post to this thread or not and what I would say.. I dont know what to say. Most of you remember a while back my thead on what makes a good service dept? (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006015#000000) and I have used all your input. This board is a good place to gather info from the customer side of the business, and it helps me to improve my work. All it comes down too is just doing my job the way I would expect someone to do it for me...

I really dont have anything intelligent to say I guess other then THANK YOU for the fine comments you all have made. I hope you all can make it to MI in oct for Diesel Day.

Tomac, for the record, its over a ton, its closer to 3300lbs.. I suppose if I took out everything to cut the chain with, it would only be a ton :D
Todd Wenzel would never let me leave, He would personally stand in front of my box if I tried to roll it out the door so your chain is just a safty net!

I thought about the presidency thing but I figured it would interfere with my running in the CA recall election. :rolleyes:

Burner, you have me confused with your network idea... Its hard to think up here on cloud 9