PDA

View Full Version : Predator

BlackMax
05-31-2003, 16:39
Well I just ordered a predator and SPA digital gauges from Kennedy. I could not stand it any longer and had to join in the fun.

WhiteDuramax
05-31-2003, 21:27
You wont be sorry, you'll be like a kid christmas mornin when they get there!

Minn-kota
05-31-2003, 22:02
I have a question regarding the Predator and the information center on '03s. It's been said here that the Juice alters the programming and the mpg/gallons used/range functions will not be accurate. Since the Predator changes the programming via software rather than actually hardwired (Juice) will these features be accurate with the Predator?

sdaver
06-01-2003, 08:32
a very good question........jk?........james?.........mac(haha )........ :D dave

mackin
06-01-2003, 09:09
Originally posted by Minn-kota:
I have a question regarding the Predator and the information center on '03s. It's been said here that the Juice alters the programming and the mpg/gallons used/range functions will not be accurate. Since the Predator changes the programming via software rather than actually hardwired (Juice) will these features be accurate with the Predator? I don't have a DIC so I can't relate ....But perhaps you can see for your self .... Ride around with real time diagnostics in zero tune or stock ... Apply a 100 HP tune and check and see if you can "see" the Predator values oppose to stock ... If you cannot forget the DIC ...Just an idea ...

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

Don't get smart with the abbreviation either I'm all ready on to it ... http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

Minn-kota
06-01-2003, 09:50
mackin - I don't have a Predator yet, but this question crossed my mind and hadn't read anything about how it affects the DIC as the Juice does.

I've noticed that the DIC mileage info is very accurate. Much more accurate than my old LeBaron I had years ago that's for sure. One of the first times I compared the "gallons used" I was surprised to see it accurate to the tenth. It's hard to fill the tank to the same level every time, but I must have been pretty close on that one.

Minn-kota
06-07-2003, 17:39
RWTD - Have any info on how the Predator affects the DIC mpg calculations?

Burner
06-07-2003, 20:59
They are wayyyyy off. Pred on 100 HP setting yields about 70% of actual mileage shown on DIC. The computer thinks that the "pulses" are 10x when they are actually 13 or 14x. Hummm... :rolleyes: The injector is spraying more fuel in than the computer knows, more than the PCM was programmed for. ;)

Burner------> :D

dmaxalliTech
06-07-2003, 21:03
Burner, thanks you spoiled my fun. I thought I was getting the 32mpg that my DIC says :(

Crap, I dont have a super truck

;) tongue.gif :D