PDA

View Full Version : Newbie....

ColoradoBoz
09-02-2003, 21:54
Well, after about a year of monitoring this forum, I finally made the plung and became a member. Also, just ordered Features Article volume so I can install some gauges. After I get the gauges installed, I have decided on the Hot Juice...it was a close decision with the Stealth, so I hope I'm making a good choice. Here goes my questions: I've read alot about "limping" the tranny. What exactly is this, and how do I cure if it happens to me. I've also read about making the tranny "learn" the power. How long does this take? Should I install, run around on level 0 for a week, go to level 1 for a week, and so on?? I plan to run level 2 normally, and have level 4 on T/H for the occasional Red Light Runs!! And lastly, will level 4 light up the tires...do you have to power brake? I've tried to power brake stock, and it doesn't do jack. Sorry for the long post, and thanks for all the info you've given me.

ColoradoBoz

sdaver
09-02-2003, 22:38
give it a day or so in level 3. You will notice the shifts firm up then go to hot and allow a dozen or so thru the gears up and down at moderate throttle.........much less likely to limp. Power brake to 1500rpms in hot the turn it loose and you will have joined the black stripe club but let your tranny adjust first......and welcome to the show :D dave

thechevyhdman
09-03-2003, 00:42
Short-simple and to the point Sdaver....well done....Welcome to the Diesel Page Colorado....have your credit card ready at all times...because things only get worse from here....Ok Ill just get the Juice box and some guages...ah I get the Predator and thats it....Ill stop at the AFE stage II....Banks Exhaust....and thats it....AH F it Im only young once. :D

D'Max_2_DA_Max
09-03-2003, 07:30
sdaver/others in the know,

Would this be your/the recommended approach regardless of the box brand? I just ordered the Quad and have the same questions for it!

thechevyhdman,

I'm only gettin the Quad to set the speedo for my new H2's/315's, honest!! :eek: I'll be safe right? ;) ;)

sdaver
09-03-2003, 07:53
the allison is much more forgiving when given time to adjust to a new power level....any new level