PDA

View Full Version : Pic's of the 4500 Crew-cab

glamisboy
08-08-2003, 19:26
Can someone tell me where I can see some pic's ?? I have not seen any yet. We are considering one to pull our RV.

MAV
08-08-2003, 20:25
Here you go.
http://www.voicemotors.com/images/vehicles/2003red.jpg

http://www.monroetruck.com/images/KodiakPickupHome.jpg

DogDays
08-15-2003, 15:43
What happened to the truck and RV? :eek:

glamisboy
08-16-2003, 19:50
We were the victims of a wreckless driver. The other party was traveling at a highrate of speed, lost control of his car & hit us head on, on a two lane rural high way. One of our Labs was killed by the impact, our bow tie was totaled, the 5er is questionable. Our whole entire life is in a tow yard 260 miles from home. Our injuries are moderate to serious, I came out the best. My wife has casts on her ankle & arm. The passenger of the other car was killed on impact.

Our bow-tie & On-star saved our life, again. Once all the B/S is over we hope to get some stuff replaced. We are going to consider a medium duty this time.

R.I.P. Rebel, 5/29/99-7/26/2003

DogDays
08-18-2003, 15:07
glamisboy;

Thank God for the BowTie! *&^% wreckless drivers. Sorry to hear about your lab, I know how it is too one of four legged friends. Hope your wife is not in too much pain and the bones heal fast. Geez, what a mess it must be. Hope this SOB had insurance? Was thinking about getting one of those 40" Warriors at one time. Did it have the double slideouts?
Hang in there man and good luck.

Mike/Carol and all the Pugs at PugLand Ranch (10 of em") :D

glamisboy
08-18-2003, 18:02
It was daddy's car, & it appears he did have insurance. Not sure at this time how much, because there was a fatality involved the CHP report is not yet completed.

Our Warrior did not have the double slides. When we ordered this one we had a dodge 2500 w/ a v10 & I was afraid the double slide was too much trailer for it. In the process of them building ours the dodge's motor went south, w/ only 92000 miles !!!! We put a lot of time & effort into the trailer so we decided to stay with the SLC as we ordered it. I loved that trailer, we used it a minimum of once a month. It sucks now to even think about it. The day after the wreck I was at the tow yard trying to get some personal stuff out before we went back home, I got mad and left rather quickly it has too many memories.

If we go with a Warrior again I'm pretty sure we'll get the Classic (double slides)this time.

Thanks, I have this big empty back yard & garage now. The jet skis & golf are still in the Warrior, 260 miles away !!!! I'm hoping to get them back rather quickly.

DogDays
08-19-2003, 17:01
Hope everything works out for you and the family. Are you planning to get another Duramax/Allison?
We love ours and it tows like a dream.
Hang in there and post when you get new truck and rig.

glamisboy
08-19-2003, 17:53
Definetly another bow-tie (or GMC) with the d'max/ally. After being lucky enough to walk away from last wreck were going to consider a medium duty this time. If we go with the warrior again.

Were contemplating going to a conventional 5er, shorter with 2-3 slides. We'll then pull the toys behind that. I have not had much luck finding a conventional 5er with a factory generator & large water capacities though. Good thing I have the net and all this free time !!

I miss our d'max/ally !!!!!! I'm not even able to drive yet, but sitting here killing time on the computer seeing every one else's rig makes me miss her. She never missed a beat pulling the WW. Last summer we took a trip up the coast to SanFran then over to Tahoe, back down to our previously favorite lake (the lake we were returning from when we crashed). It was such a great time. We put 1800 miles on the truck & trailer, it really was a comfortable setup. It could get a little hairy getting off on exits that we didn't know, because of the size & all. That was our first 5er & diesel truck, both of which hopefully will be replaced.

I'm thinking it will be some time till we get everything back. I want to definitly wait for the '04 d'max.

I want to post pics now of our previous rig, but I can't figure that out & I want to add a pic underneath my name, but again I can't figure that out either.

DogDays
08-20-2003, 12:27
I can imagine how much you must miss the truck and 5er. We pulled up to Montana last year with our old 36ft 5er. Then across to Oregon, down the coast to Yuma and back here to the border in AZ. Close to 6000 miles and the truck never missed a beat. Was getting 11-13 MPG all the way. Just loved the Allison's grade breaking feature on all those mountains in Montana. Have 39,500 miles on her and hope to put about 200,000 more before she goes to the used lot.
Keep the faith and you will get another truck and 5er.