PDA

View Full Version : Our condolences...

More Power
09-24-2003, 13:16
I learned recently that Tom Keefe passed away last week after a struggle with cancer. I would like to wish his wife and children, and his family and friends our condolences and best wishes for the future.

Aside from his being the moderator for this Medium-Duty forum, Tom and my relationship goes back to early 1999 when he and I began working together on the Duramax/Allison launch. His dedication to his profession and his belief that the Internet should be included in GM's promotional activities culminated in his convincing Chevrolet to bring two of their Duramax/Allison prototype trucks to Montana in October of that year to participate in a performance test. Tom was instrumental in making that happen, and was a huge proponent of the Duramax 6600. We all owe him.

Thanks again Tom, and may God bless….

Jim Bigley

Dinkie Diesel
09-25-2003, 07:59
A great loss. It was easy to tell that Tom was a wealth of information. He will be missed. Our prayers go out to his family. Thank you Tom, for you have done.

Jeff Mattie

msinger
09-25-2003, 11:54
We're all going to miss Tom a great deal. I worked hand in hand with Tom during the 99 Silverado launch, the 00 Tahoe and Suburban launch and the 01 HD launch among others. I have never met anyone who knew more about all aspects of trucks than Tom. The best part was that he could speak to writers, engineers, marketing people, creative design people, didn't matter. They would all understand what needed to be expressed, or how something worked, after talking with Tom.
Just prior to the GMT560 launch, Tom and I had a chance to go to the GM Proving Grounds to drive these trucks, from the 4500 to a tandem 8500. I thought I knew everything about how to drive whatever, until I tried downshifting a 10-speed Eaton Fuller...Tom had a lot of fun razzing me about my inability to get it to work properly, until he found out he couldn't either; it had been in the "try to break it" lab...and they did !!!
I will never forget how much he taught me, or the number of hours we put in on those launches.

Farewell, Tom.
:(

Tractor
09-25-2003, 17:08
There is a article and picture of Tom Keefe on www.pickuptruck.com (http://www.pickuptruck.com) May god bless him and his family.
TRACTOR

zip
09-26-2003, 09:29
Our deepest sympathy goes out to Tom Keefe's loving wife and family. Not only did Tom share his life with us dieselpagers, he gave the world a living testimony of the essence of being a man. Family first. Then others. Then me. It works every time. Just read what his son says about him. I pray that my sons are as kind to me in my epitaph.
May God bless the Keefe family.

zip- machine repair
Saturn div. of GM