PDA

View Full Version : LLY

JB6600
01-22-2004, 13:17
Looking at my order conformation sheet it has the LLY code and LRX code below it.LLY must be de-tuned to 300 HP and 520 ft.lbs. of torque for the MDT.TPW is 2/23/04..............JB

Tractor
01-22-2004, 17:34
Why would they detune the LLY, in a truck that is heavier built from end to end. That is when you compare it to a pickup.
TRACTOR

D-max Man
02-06-2004, 09:21
There is always a trade off for more power. The more power you have the shorter life your engine will have.

Most people who buy medium duty trucks want longevity. That is why they are detuned for this application.

Tractor
02-06-2004, 18:57
D-MAXMAN
I understand what you are saying, and agree with you. But in todays quick changing diesel market, can GM afford to do that and still keep up with the other diesels? Yea D-MAXMAN I,am the dude at the DURAMAX plant that had my picture taken with you and a few others that was on the front page of the Dayton, Ohio paper as we looked at the Pikes Peak hill climb truck. I remember asking you how much boost, horsepower,and torgue that engine had. But as you looked at your boss he told you that you could not tell me that. HAHA... What a great Rendezvous that was in 2001.
TRACTOR