PDA

View Full Version : will not turn over

Lowell
07-19-2004, 09:13
1994 chevy 350 6.5 190,000 miles ran good cold 45 min later started stalling. water in fule light. drained tanks, now no light but the truck runs rough and stalls black smoke when going up hills, hard time starting it. a week later stupid thing will not turn over. shop told me engine ground, cleaned batteries, still wont turn over. Auto zone codes 18,35,52 but shop said no codes??? last year new computer and inj pump. could the altnator be bad HELP!

ttpost
07-19-2004, 09:22
have you charged you batteries? check the fusible links and the connections at the starter. good luck

tom.mcinerney
07-19-2004, 19:33
Is this 'hard start'= cranks over OK, but will not readily startup?
Or are saying 'won't crank over' = starter motor fails to adequately spin the engine?

Water may have screwed up the Lift Pump, if cranking may want to check for pressure.

Barry Nave
07-20-2004, 03:11
Had this once, one battery went bad,pulled the other one down. In the mean time the starter was pulling to much cerrent and with new batters the starter had a melt down.
All said and done it now really crank's.
Starter had 120k
Water CK light says drain me before I get to your IP. Running a good Addative in the fuel will help keep this light from coming on though I still drain at oil change and this helps to drain the bottom of the filter that particles may have settled. ;)