PDA

View Full Version : Diesel SUVs?

curmudge1
07-19-2004, 10:04
Newark paper's auto column was about Volkswagen's diesel line up, which is better than most manufacturers. I did not know that VW offered their SUV, Touareg, with a diesel option - a 5.0L V-10. Too bad it costs about $55K -- ouch!

Makes me appreciate my 94 Blazer with 6.5TD, but at 238K miles, it's time to start thinking about my next vehicle. Now, if only someone could tell me where to find a '99 Tahoe/Yukon with 6.5TD for sale... seems like y'all want to keep yours.

<sigh> Really looks like I'll have to go back to gasoline fuel in my next ride. Unless someone has anything to suggest?

Alf
07-19-2004, 15:26
Jeep Liberty, cooming soon, will have a diesel option.
My wifes daily driver is a gas Liberty, I'll trade for a deisel in a heartbeat. It's a very nice ride(for a Chrysler product)

Billman
07-19-2004, 16:18
Dare I say... Ex.. Ex.. Excursion. There. I said it. Those things are Awesome.

My wife wants to trade up to a Suburban from her little Blazer.

I'm trying to convince her Diesel Excursion. I'll even settle for the 7.3.

Dimsdale
07-19-2004, 16:47
Every manufacturer has nice Diesel options in Europe and the rest of the world. Some nice support for the Diesel Liberty would probably inspire many of them to offer the trucks here in the US. It has more power than the V6, and is expected to get 25% better fuel mileage than the 4 cyl gasoline version. Should be close to the Escape hybrid mileage but much more fun.

Sadly, Massachusetts, like many of the Northeast states, has to emulate their liberal hero, California, and adopt their emission standards (despite geographic and climactic differences almost as different as night and day), so we won't be getting any more Diesels, including the TDIs, until 2006 at minimum, when the "clean" and no doubt more expensive Diesel fuel comes out.

JohnC
07-20-2004, 07:19
Originally posted by Billman:
Dare I say... Ex.. Ex.. Excursion. Bless you...

Shuck
07-20-2004, 09:13
My 99 Suburban is always up for sale, given the right price =)