PDA

View Full Version : Truck Cover

CCR91
04-09-2003, 22:04
Aloha,

I have to travel for an extended time and am in need of a cover for my 2001 D/A ECab, LB. Anybody have a good one or a recommendation?

Thanks,
Corey

txguppy
04-10-2003, 10:36
A quick web search revealed this:
http://www.webcovers.com/CarTruckCovers/

There are many more vendors, but I personally would recommend the "Evolution" cloth.

txguppy

a64pilot
04-10-2003, 13:56
CCR91,
how long are you going for? If it is for a real long time "Deployment" you may want to look into putting it inside and prepping it for long time storage.

CCR91
04-10-2003, 20:10
txguppy,
Thanks for the reply.

a64pilot,

It will be for 6 months and I am already able to store it inside. I remodeled my garage to accomodate it. The only issue is that is sits by the dryer vent and I want to keep the lent off.

As far as long term storage, It's inside and I live in Hawaii so weather is not an issue. I will probably keep the battery attached and hope it does not die. Also, I will probably fill the tank so condenstaion does not form.

Any other recommendations?

Corey

a64pilot
04-11-2003, 07:09
CCR91,
Yes put it on jack stands with stands under the frame. inflate the tires to max. Remove the batteries and put a battery tender on them. Fill the tank as you said, but put a fuel stabilizer in also. If you can fog the engine do so. block the exh. with a rag and block the intake. This can be as simple as wrapping the filter in saran wrap. You can buy a dessicant at Walmart, forget the name. I would leave the windows down about an inch instead.