PDA

View Full Version : For those who want Remote Start

Alli-max
05-15-2002, 13:17
Pretty good deal with LOADS of features.

http://www.12voltshop.com/details.asp?prodid=CS324-t&cat=12&path=1,12#

Dont forget to get the passkey feature. i think I will have one on the way!!!

ndamico
05-15-2002, 14:50
is there a way to get it to work with my GM remote? i presume that is asking a bit much? the remote for it looks a little on the large side..

Alli-max
05-15-2002, 22:11
I doubt it, but worth asking them.

AKDmax
05-15-2002, 23:39
Alli-Max,
Let us know how it goes. Looks like a decent deal if it lives up to all that's advertised. Auto start sure is nice when it's -40 up here. :cool:

ndamico
05-16-2002, 00:02
i suppose my only nit pick about the setup is the remote..looks like a remote detonator. i'd hate for that antenna to stab me when it's in my pocket! Ouch! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Riverholic
05-16-2002, 00:59
I just put a Viper 550ESP on my truck. It is a security system with remote start. So far it works great. It goes off the wait to start light before it starts. I asked if they could tie it in to the GM remote and was told no. The new remote is the same size and has two more buttons. It's a little pricey at $450 but I trust viper cause I had one on my earlier truck and was quite pleased with it. My .02

Alli-max
05-16-2002, 10:26
Well, I guess I am probably going to try it. Might order it today to see....

txguppy
05-17-2002, 21:21
I had a Bulldog Alarm/Remote Starter installed. Lotsa features. Delayed start,auto shut-off,kill switch, many more. Works fine, especially on our 100 degree days we've already been having.

dmaxster
05-19-2002, 23:02
well I am sorry but the dmax does use the passlock II and yes you need a bypass module for it.....I install remote starts as my side business and I do have one on my dmax works awesome...also have it hooked up to my high idle.......gotta love it..! dmaxster :cool:

AKDmax
05-19-2002, 23:20
dmaxster,
I just had a key made and it works also. What exactly does the passlock do if you can start and drive a vehicle with an ordinary key? Also, what brand auto-start are you using and how did you make it work with your high idle? Thanks.

dmaxster
05-20-2002, 16:25
well here's the situation....the passlock II does the same as the other antihefts...it cut fuel and spark...in our case fuel....the vats system has a resistor in the key...the passlock and passlock II the resistance is in the key tumbler and that is why the average ordinary key works...the transponder uses a computer chip to comunicate back and forth with the computer.....the transponder and vats are the most expensive keys to have made because they are special.....and the passlocks are the cheaper because less parts replaced....
I am using autocommmand which is what I sell and install.....I had ran my high idle through my parking lites isolating them with a diode so that when your regualar parking lites are the high idle isn't on....I chose to use the parking lites because they come on 30 sec. after the vehicle is running and that way your not puting it in high idle immediately after start up...it gets the oil flowing first......I also have the stand by speed set up through the remote thats when just the parking lites come on.....if you don't have it reprogrammed on the 2002 it won't do nothing....you need to use the cruise set speed...so I then had kennedy reprogram my high idle so it would work with just the high idle swith on set to 850 rpm. the set speed set through the cruise is 1050 and the resume speed is 1150. then I had took and use the trunk funtion on my remote starter to set the set speed on the high idle. I had to use a relay to get this.....hope this helps a little long winded but if you use the search feature and look for high idle or new trunk function on your HD you may come up with something.....otherwise search my member # and it is 5770 :cool: :D

dmaxster
05-21-2002, 22:36
well that's a good question.....it's cheaper for GM to use the passlock. however if they use the vats it's more secure not as easily bypassed. someone who is good can bypass the passlock faster than a vats system....so to answer your question I don't know.... :D well one good thing is the keys are cheaper....2 to 3 bucks vs 50 to 60 bucks for a vats key.....! tongue.gif dmaxster :cool:

SDWA
05-23-2002, 19:17
The PASSlock II system prevents the truck from being "hotwired" - if the system does not receive the proper resistance at the right time (which only occurs when the key cylinder is intact in the column and rotated...) then you can't start the engine. You only get a few attempts (i.e. wrong resistance or at the wrong time) before there is a 10 minute lockout period where even the correct key/rotation will not start the truck. At least that's my understanding smile.gif

Scott

carnutsx2
05-27-2002, 08:48
2 things to think about. If you plan on having your truck for years go with a large well known company. In a few years you may be searching for replacement remotes to don't exist. If you travel a lot think about buying some extras now, I can think of more than a few times that people walked into my shop holding some way way way off brand remote asking for a replacement. Like the add use to say "you can pay me now or you can pay me later" I know everyone is looking for a deal but in the long run having to have the alarm replaced when you cant find remotes may be no deal at all.
On the old GMs you were able to loose the panic function had have that run the auto start or use a channel doubler-one push for auto start two pushes for panic.

Cancerman
05-30-2002, 12:18
I agree with carnutsx2.
I know that I paid some for the Clifford name, but I think that I have a good chance of Clifford being there when I need them in 10 years.
In Texas, our trucks are the number 1 stolen vehicle.
I hope the Clifford slows them down enough that I can have OnStar track the truck!