PDA

View Full Version : Lucerix- any blind spots?

zip
05-17-2002, 10:44
Well, here's another mirror thread. Maverik, and others who have installed them- do the Lucerix mirrors give you a blind spot to the front side- since they're bigger? Or is it something you just get used to? One good thing about the OE towing mirrors is their low profile. But I can't see the top of my 5'er. Thanks. zip
:cool:

NutNbutGMC
05-17-2002, 13:06
^....ZIP-dawg......Those Vols are just like the mirrors...useless when it comes to seeing the top...... :D

sonofagun
05-17-2002, 13:38
I tow a standard height trailer and have no trouble see all of it (30 footer). I did add the 4" convex mirrors since you can't see far enough to the near left or right when you're set up to see the trailer (and behind it). I had the convex mirrors on the inside first and have moved them to the outside. I can see more, closer with them there. The mirrors are great and an added benefit is that they make LESS wind noise than the stock mirrors. They will wash your side windows with bug guts if the angled edge is hit just right. Not bad if the window is UP!.

Bob

[ 05-17-2002: Message edited by: son of a gun ]</p>

Colorado Kid
05-17-2002, 15:15
Zip,

Although the Lucerixs are HUGE, they don't really stick up any higher than the factory mirrors, so they aren't hard to see over. They come with flat glass (both of them) so a stick on convex, at least of the passenger side, is a good idea, as they don't show as much of the lane next to the truck as the stock mirrors.

I like 'em!

Tough Guy
05-18-2002, 10:38
I installed a set on the "classic" and I love them!! You will need a convex on the passengers side you have a hard time seeing where the trailer is tracking around corners otherwise....

JLee
05-23-2002, 10:43
Colorado Kid - sorry I misplaced your phone number. Give me a call at 303-984-6804. I got an idea tongue.gif . Scary HUH!!

Jim

westies
05-25-2002, 21:16
Just installed mine today and never really noticed any blind spots. I see that I will need a convex on passenger side. So far they seem to be up for the task but I was not terribly impressed with the fit. The bottom and bottom half of the sides fit good but on the forward edge near the top there is a gap between mirror base and door frame. The gap was quite large until I took off my window vent sheilds but it never did close up. Wondering if this is going to lead to a water leak in that area.