PDA

View Full Version : Mag-Hytech Cover Capacity

APR2000
08-02-2002, 19:24
How much fluid does the Mag-Hytech differential cover add over stock? Looks like a well made product. How hard is it to remove stock gasket and seat O-ring on Mag-Hytech?

Jake99Z71
08-02-2002, 20:28
APR2000,
The Mag-Hytec adds about 3.25 quarts over stock. A very well made product. The stock cover comes off real easy. The gasket is simple to scrape off carefully as not to gouge the surface. The O-ring sits in the Mag-Hytec cover perfectly. If you look for a post by Hoot or mdrag they have picture links of the install and product.

mackin
08-02-2002, 20:31
APR2000 ,

I believe it's four quarts...... It's got to be easy Socal did it.... tongue.gif
It is a very nice product.. Held one very rugged.....I'll have to get one after my POLISHED ALUM. tailpipe.......No really...... ;)

MAC :D

[ 08-02-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
08-03-2002, 01:22
"It's got to be easy Socal did it.... "

Ouch!!, Mac takes a quick break from laying down fresh stripes all over the new asphalt in his town, only to take a poke at me... what a buddy! I come up to Groton from time to time, you know... I'll have to get some lessons on how 4 stripes of rubber are better than 2! :D

Diff cover replacement: The gasket scraping is easy, and the most difficult part. The Mag-hytech is truly a work of art and I only oiled the o-ring before bolting it on. It adds 4 qts to the capacity, so I filled it with an even 8 qts. Right in the middle of the knurled dipstick.

Regards, Steve

mackin
08-03-2002, 04:57
SoCalDMAX,

IF you do you "SUBER" you better DAM tell me........I'll DIVE ,I mean drive out....... tongue.gif

MAC :D