PDA

View Full Version : Code readers, what brand are you using?

AKDmax
10-15-2002, 22:43
Just wondering what code readers are preferred by members of TDP. Had the truck plugged in this morning and it threw a P0181 code. Borrowed a buddies EZ link to read and clear it. Pretty nice unit. I gotta get one... Help me choose.

chuntag95
10-17-2002, 07:45
I have the Autoxray EZ Link as well. I just ordered the stuff to update the software. Mine is 2 years old and doesn't show much on my 02. I have had no problems with it and it has worked on everything I have pluged it into. I did quite a bit of research when I bought it, but that was 2 years ago. There might be something better out there now. Soon as I update the software, I will know better.

chipper
10-17-2002, 10:17
I just talked to Auto X Ray a few days ago to get mine updgraded as it wouldn't work on the 01 Duramax & they said the Duramax upgrade was several months away.I have had mine 4 years & they always seem to be slow on upgrades. Works good though, but if I were buying again I would look at another brand.

battmain
10-17-2002, 12:40
Using Autotap 1.11 that is supposed to work on all my cars. For the truck it seems to work ok, but on the imports, it's hit or miss for some reason. V2 software is out, but will not work reliably with my version of hardware even on the truck. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it connects, but then shows nothing to select. Considering if I should pay the money to upgrade the hardware or spend quite a few bucks more for a 'real' scanner like a Genysis.