PDA

View Full Version : Mud Flaps

ASI DMAX
05-21-2002, 18:37
I'm looking for a set of molded mud flaps with the cut-out for the fender flares. GM doesn't seem to carry them.Any ideas or recommendations? Also, I'm looking at the Luverne stainless-steel running boards. Any pros or cons? Thanks for any feedback, positive or negative.

4meseb
05-21-2002, 20:43
Husky has the molded one for the fender flares.
That's what I put on mine. Installation was pretty
straight forward. Check out my Picture Link to view.
Scott ;)

imported_
05-21-2002, 21:43
I have the molded husky flaps, look great, lifetime warrenty, cheap, DON'T WORK VERY WELL

I wouldn't trade them for rubber flaps but I did put 3M film on the lower rear 1/4 panel

cheers

txguppy
05-22-2002, 20:44
I too bought and tried to install the "GMC Logo" custom moulded mud flaps. They WON"T fit the HD's with factory fender flares. Its good to hear Husky makes'em.
My Dad has the Luverne STS steps and I have the Steel Horse OEM Style. Mine give more stepping room than teh Luvernes'.

txguppy :D :D

Kennedy
05-23-2002, 08:38
I have the Husky flaps, and they aren't really bad, BUT I'd like to get rid of them in favor of something stainless to go with my boards, handles etc..

DDD70
05-23-2002, 09:00
Mounting mud flaps on 3500?
Where - Will fiberglass suport them?
If not what should they be fastened to?
Getting to old to use my own ideas!

fred
05-23-2002, 20:05
go buy husky daulley rear mud flaps i put them on my 3500 ,, they are the best, they go into the stock holes,i put huskys in the front too , they fit good after i drilled a new hole in the mud flaps so i didn't have to drill holes in my new truck(they go in with factory push pins)

NutNbutGMC
05-23-2002, 20:50
Best flaps for the $dough$ ----> www.kaydenco.com <----- Have a look see, if you please, on a 2500 HD in my pics. Click in the sig line.

3176CATPOWER
05-25-2002, 06:17
ASI, have put the Luverne stainless steel steps on two trucks and got compliments on both.They look like they belong on the truck,not like some that I have seen.Installation requires drilling into lip on rocker panel and is time consuming to make sure of a good fit.I put mine on and then remove and reinstall using silicone on drill holes to prevent corrosion.They are quite sturdy and you will need mudflaps in the front.I also use silicone when installing mudflaps if drilling any new holes.For front flaps I used the factory flaps but had to drill holes,they were free.On the rear I used Kaydenco flaps with the stainless steel on the bottom of flap (like the big rigs)and am quite pleased with the look.Price on the side steps was 300 plus tax and the flaps was 105 total available at KAYDENCO.com

Redhawk
05-25-2002, 10:22
Husky flaps front and back, they work great. I would like about three more inches of length on the rear flaps, but I'm getting by. Cabela's mail order house has them if you need a source.

pullinpower
05-26-2002, 12:17
Hey jk you have mail.

ASI DMAX
05-27-2002, 05:55
Thanks for all the terrific input! I have a much better reference of where to start now. I like the look of the Huskies but those custom Duramax flaps NutNButGMC has are a must. Thanks for everything.

AKDmax
05-27-2002, 11:09
Kaydenco flaps look awesome. Long term durabilty doesn't look so good. Anyone that drives through slush and snow will tell you that flaps mounted to the wheel well lip rip off the truck pretty quick. Look for a flap that uses a bracket for mounting, like the dually does. Good luck

NutNbutGMC
05-27-2002, 13:31
^...I made a custom bracket to alleviate any potential mounting problems.

KaydenCo
05-27-2002, 22:50
Maany thanks to all of you who have tried the KaydenCo Mudflaps. We listen to your comments and do indeed use your thoughts to better our products.
Brackets???? We have them now thanks to your input.
Dennis

AKDmax
05-27-2002, 22:54
Ahh! They do listen.

56Nomad
05-31-2002, 20:39
NutNbutGMC wrote:

Best flaps for the $dough$ ----> www.kaydenco.com <-----

Yup..... I agree!

Welcome aboard Dennis! Glad to see you're posting to the Forum.
I passed your place on the return trip from the B.C. Rendezvous,
but it was too late to stop by. Here are some pictures
of your good lookin' flaps on the truck :cool:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=676863&uid=469559&members=1

Howie

KaydenCo
06-01-2002, 12:25
I'm really happy that my products are so well received here.
Just a note: I received an inquiry about providing a protector for the inside front of the fenderwell on the rear. Somethting that will help to keep the mud and debris from accumulating inside the body and on the frame in front of the tire. What do you guys think?
Dennis

et
06-01-2002, 12:57
Dennis,
I am mounting equipment, i.e. generator controller, heater, compressor, tank, etc., in the space ahead of the rear wheels on both sides. I would be very interested in your rear wheel well protectors.

Elvin Scott

hoot
06-01-2002, 19:58
I had Huskies all the way around but decided the rear ones had to go. They look funny the way they curve inwards and they don't do a good a job as I like. I bought a set of slightly molded GM flaps that don't try and hug the flares. They are pretty much flat. Look and work much better.

Anyone wants my old Husky rears gets the pair for $10 shipped.

hoot@uscom.com

Redhawk
06-01-2002, 20:47
Kaydenco, I for one would like a flap or something at the front of the rear wheel well. I get a lot of debris thrown up on my running boards that I could really do without.

KaydenCo
06-01-2002, 21:38
Ok guys! You got it !!

I received a couple of emails with an interest in the forward fender protectors as well.
It just makes sense !
I'll go to work on it.
Thanks for your feed back!!

Any one out there that has built them before, I'd appreciate your help as I'd really like them to be functional.
Dennis
perry@kaydenco.com