PDA

View Full Version : Location for switches

wxmn6
10-23-2002, 20:13
I am planning on installing three separate strobes circuits and that would need 3 switches. I just got an idea today and thought about installing the switches right above the air bag off key switch and the auxiliary lamp switch button. It is right in the middle of the dash just below the stereo. Can this be done? How can I get the access to this location. I notice that there are a big blank cover right below where the cigarette lighters are. Is that where I can start working from there? Have anyone done anything like this before? Thanks.

IndigoDually
10-24-2002, 08:24
Gently tug at the trim panel that surrounds the radio and dashboard. It is held in by snap clips that allow the whole trim to be removed. Tilt the steering wheel down and shift into 1st to give the most room. After removing the panel you will gain access to a couple of screws to remove the panel that you want to put the switches in. That's how I removed the little cubby hole that I have since I don't have an airbag shut off switch.

John

Silver Bullet
10-24-2002, 10:20
wxmn6 - Indigo is right on track...except i don't remember any screws...i think the "frame" that holds the switches snaps in place, but it has been a while since i have been in there. I mounted a switch on my old Z-71 there...you may have to do a little work on the back side of the flat surface you are going to mount to which will allow a good, clean mount for your switches from the back side. E-mail me if you have any questions.