PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelts

Rick T
09-10-2003, 09:40
I know seatbelts are a mundane accessory, but I am finding myself plastered to my seat back, unable to move. Fooling around with the seatbelt at 65-70 towing 14,000 lbs. is not something I really want to do. Anyone else having similar problems?

nukedmax
09-10-2003, 10:44
Rick, My wife had the same problem, yours may be similar. She was pulling the seat belt all of the way out when she buckled it.

She found that if you just pulled it only far enough out to buckle, the retractor acted the way you would expect.

I asked a dealer and he thought it had something to do with settings for a chid seat.

Hope this helps.

Lloyd

Rick T
09-10-2003, 11:39
I'll experiment a bit, but I suspect this is just a bad design. I've got a VW Jetta (diesel, of course) and the seatbelts work flawlessly.

DieselDixon
09-11-2003, 14:59
Nukedmax, the dealer assumed correctly. The reason it goes into a locked ratchet when you pull the belt out all the way is for child seats. I have 2 of them in the back seat and it works great for that, otherwise it would be tuff to hold the seats in place.

wxmn6
09-11-2003, 18:59
Well I think that's fine, but shouldn't the driver seat be the only exemption? I don't think you would want a 3 years old kid driving a truck in his booster seat. :eek:

DieselDixon
09-11-2003, 21:28
Well if your drivers side seat is doing it too then you do have a problem. I just checked mine and pulled the belt all the way out and it did not lock at any point. You should have that checked out. The only seats that did do it were the passenger seat and the rear seats.