PDA

View Full Version : question for owners of the Bedrug, bed liner

James S
08-15-2002, 21:14
Hey There,

What parts of the truck box does it cover? Does it cover the tail gate, wheel wells, back, floor and up the sides of the box to the box rails, or what???? Are you still able to slide a four by eight foot sheet of plywood in, whith it lining the box, and still close the tail gate? [this is on a long box of course] How "soft" is the carpet? Would sliding freshly lackered cabinets on the rug, leave marks on them or is the carpet soft enough that i do not have to worry about that? Thanks for the replies.

James

CCR91
08-15-2002, 21:42
James,

I have a Bedrug in my long bed and I love it.

The Bedrug comes in two pieces. The first is flat and covers from the front of the bed to (assuming the tailgate is down) the tip of the tailgate. In other words, this piece is roughly 10 feet long and covers the hinge portion. The second piece is for the vertical sides of the bed. It is about 21 feet long (8+8+5) and zips into place. It does not go over the bedrails, it goes up underneath them.

It comes with multiple small pices of some type of velcro-like pieces that you can stick to hold the sides up. One long piece of this velcro-like stuff goes across the top of the tailgate. I only installed the tailgate piece and one small piece on each side near the rear. I could install a few more but I don't like sticking things to the paint; evn if it is the bed.

When/if you install it, just stick on a few pieces of the velcro-like stuff until the Bedrug completely unrolls, it is shipped in boxes and takes a few days to totally unravel.

I just bought a 4X8 sheet of maple plywood and it fit fine along with no scratches. The carpet is quite soft and rugged and it is contoured so it fits in the grooves of the bed.

I prefer the bedrug to a paint-in due to the fact that it can be removed. I can't comprehend the thought of taking a grinder and grinding the holy cr@p out of my brand new bed for the paint on liners.

Good luck,
Corey

4meseb
08-16-2002, 15:58
James S.

I love mine too.
Check out my pics for a visual on the install in my sig.
Scott

More Power
08-16-2002, 17:07
Moved to 2500HD/3500 Accessories" forum.

JustWondering
08-17-2002, 03:54
James S,
I also gots The Bedrug and I like it quite a bit. It is tough as nails but soft enough to go sleep on when you go camping. The foam backing is a real plus, real easy on your knees. It is very simple to install too. I'm JustWondering why folks would use anything else?

BadDog
08-17-2002, 12:00
Someone suggested a bed rug to me when shopping around for a spray in. I passed because I sometimes haul messy/oily/leaky parts for my toy (K30 rock buggy) or friends. One trip to a junk yard and the rug would be a mess.

JustWondering
08-17-2002, 13:56
BadDog~
No problem here...spray some degreasing detergent of your choice,scrub brush and rinse with some moderate pressure and it's good as new again!
This thing is tough as nails, you can't hurt it.

KenZ
08-17-2002, 17:47
I have had mine for about a year now. Its ripped in two places from throwing some metal in the back. Since it isn't very slippery, an edge caught it and dug in. No damage to the bed of the truck and I just pushed it back down and you can't tell where it is ripped. When I get time, I'm going to put some marine goop on it to hold it back in place.

I like the performance and looks of the bed rug. The biggest complaint I have is that when I haul hay, the hay gets caught in the fibers of the rug and you really have to use a pressure washer to get it out. They still don't all come out.

It does scrub out pretty good. I have had oil, gas, grease, diesel etc in it and it still looks pretty good.